Five Stars

Reject link in tFileinputExcel

Hi,

Just trying to understand the exact use of Reject link for tFileinputExcel.

what should be the basic setup to get the rejected records and where to that setup in the component settings.

No matter what I do, I always get 0 records in reject link.

please advise with a practical scenario

thanks in advance! 

5 REPLIES
Twelve Stars

Re: Reject link in tFileinputExcel

@param123,check the below link , that you will understand the rejection from Excel file.

https://www.datalytyx.com/informing-data-rejects-using-tmsgbox/

Manohar B
Five Stars

@manodwhb

thanks for your response. i have seen the post before posting this query here, but even there it is connected to some other components to reject the data but there has been no explanation how the main and reject link will actually get the data.

will Talend automatically checks for junk data and pass that to reject link?

Hello,

This reject row connection gathers the data that does NOT match the filter or are not valid for the expected output. This connection allows you to track the data that could not be processed for any reason (wrong type, undefined null value, etc.)

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi xdshi,
Thanks for your response
So basically what you say is reject link captures the data anamolies.

So there is no need to setup anything??
And there is no way to check what exactly it is going to reject?

If possible can you please explain with an example data and screenshot?
Thanks in advance

Hello,

You need set your column schema in tfileinputexcel with types, nullability, etc. In this way, this reject row connection will gather the data that is not valid for the expected output.

Here exists a component tschemaComplianceCheck which validates all input rows against a reference schema or check types, nullability, length of rows against reference values.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.