Refresh value context in other job

Four Stars

Refresh value context in other job

I have a loop in job1 that will execute job2 while a boolean context does not change value in job2. This boolean context will only be modified in job2, how do I loop the job1 to recognize the context value that will be updated in job2? Could you give me an example of how to do this?

Accepted Solutions
Five Stars

Re: Refresh value context in other job

Hi,

Can you elaborate you problem statement. Sorry,I Couldn't understand it properly.

You have to iterate a job based on a boolean variable?

Thanks,

Jay

Sixteen Stars

You can't directly update a context variable from child to parent. In order to do so, you will need to use a tBufferOutput component in your child job. This is used to pass a data row out of your child job. The idea would be to send your boolean value out of the child job in this row and use it to set your parent job's context variable. This will then stop the loop in the parent job.

Take a look here for documentation on the tBufferOutput

All Replies
Five Stars

Hi,

Can you elaborate you problem statement. Sorry,I Couldn't understand it properly.

You have to iterate a job based on a boolean variable?

Thanks,

Jay

Sixteen Stars

You can't directly update a context variable from child to parent. In order to do so, you will need to use a tBufferOutput component in your child job. This is used to pass a data row out of your child job. The idea would be to send your boolean value out of the child job in this row and use it to set your parent job's context variable. This will then stop the loop in the parent job.

Take a look here for documentation on the tBufferOutput

Six Stars

Hi Felipe

I send an example 

Kind regards,

Alfonso Borré