Reconciliation concept in TOS

One Star

Reconciliation concept in TOS

Hi, all
is their any Reconciliation concept in TOS.
for eg.
Bank reconciliation:
Bank reconciliation is the process of comparing and matching figures from the accounting records against those shown on a bank statement. The result is that any transactions in the accounting records not found on the bank statement are said to be outstanding. Taking the balance on the bank statement adding the total of outstanding receipts less the total of the outstanding payments this new value should (match) reconcile to the balance of the accounting records.
Bank reconciliation allows companies or individuals to compare their account records to the bank's records of their account balance in order to uncover any possible discrepancies. Discrepancies could include: cheques recorded as a lesser amount than what was presented to the bank; money received but not lodged; or payments taken from the bank account without the business's knowledge. A bank reconciliation done regularly can reduce the number of errors in an accounts system and make it easier to find missing purchases and sales invoices.
thanks in Advance.
Four Stars

Re: Reconciliation concept in TOS

I am looking into Talend for the same concept. I am thinking there will be some coding involved to get the results we seek.
Six Stars

For bank rec. you need to use a finance/accounting software for this.
For the general concept of reconciliation I think it is too specific for a general purpose ETL tool and very difficult to implement with a row-based tool.
Four Stars

After tinkering with Talend I was able to come to a solution to reconcile something VERY similar to the original post.
So yes, it can be done.
One Star

Hi jrkfs,
Could you please show us how you implemented the same

Hi, jkrfs
Would you mind sharing your solution (reconcile something) with us? Thank you very much.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Can someone share an update on this post ?
I'm also interested in simple reconciliation with TOS
Regards
Olivier
Seventeen Stars

Talend is a Java code generator for data integration and ESB programs. Reconciliation is the process to validate the data. Tests or validation must be done with test data for input and proven output data. Like in any other normal development you have to design and setup tests.