One Star

Realtime stats exported job

I always export my jobs as "stand alone" applications. Then on the production server, we run the .sh script via crontab. This works fine. However on DEV we can see some nice statistics, like shown on the attached screenshot. I was wondering if it's possible to also see those stats on an exported job which runs on a server.
7 REPLIES

Re: Realtime stats exported job

Hi,
Talend Enterprise Subscription Version provide TalendHelpCenter:Real Time Statistics in Talend Administration Center, which will be helpful for the job execution.
For community version, if you export job as "stand alone" application and run the .sh script out of talend, there is no the "Real Time Statistics", such as the flow of rows.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

We are using the "Talend Enterprise Data Integration" edition, so a valid license should not be the problem. I cannot figure out if we can realtime view stats of jobs which are exported to a stand-alone application. We only have a TAC running on our development environment. On the higer environments we simply run the job by executing the .sh file, so there is no TAC on those environments. Are we still able to view realtime stats then?

Hi,
We only have a TAC running on our development environment. On the higer environments we simply run the job by executing the .sh file, so there is no TAC on those environments. Are we still able to view realtime stats then?

Due to they are communicated through port , for your scenario, I think it is possible.
I need to make a testing for this scenario to confirm it and I will come back to you asap.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks! Really appreciate your help!

Hi,
Unfortunately I have made a testing on your requirement, however, it is impossible to get real time stats when jobs are exported to a stand-alone application.
Because there are two prerequisites for activating real time stats in Tac.
1. job is in studio
2. Create a task( In tac, job must dependent on task) for corresponding jobs in studio and then enable real time stats.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

But how does the TAC retrieve the information from the running java process?

Hi,
But how does the TAC retrieve the information from the running java process

There is communication between job server and TAC, when execute TAC task.
Best regards
Sabrina
--