Four Stars

Reading multiple file from unix server and dumping all the rows into a table in oracle

Hi All,

i am trying to design a job where i am retrieving the files from a unix server and need to dump all the rows into a table in oracle.

attached is the screenshot of the error that i am getting. i.e. the tfileinputdelimited is unable to find the path(global variable) of the tfilelist component.

Kindly help.

Thanks

• Data Integration
5 REPLIES
Six Stars

Re: Reading multiple file from unix server and dumping all the rows into a table in oracle

Are you running from localhost? If the server is remote you'll need to deploy to that server (i.e. the file system paths defined in your job represent the file system paths of wherever the job is running from)

Highlighted
Ten Stars

Re: Reading multiple file from unix server and dumping all the rows into a table in oracle

That is not a tFileList component; it's a tFTPFileList. You'll need a tFTPGet to retrieve the file before you can operate on it.

Hello,

So far, talend don't support for transferring data by air.

You have to save your files from unix server to local machine(tFTPGet component) firstly and then load all the rows into oracle table.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

thank you. will apply this one and will get back to you in case I face any issue

Hi,

Feel free to post your issue here.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.