Five Stars

Reading multiple components connection details from database

Hi,

I have a job which has both mysql and sql server components. I need the data to be transferred from sql server to mysql. I need the connection details for both the components coming from database. How do I achieve this?

Thanks in advance
Rathi

3 REPLIES

Re: Reading multiple components connection details from database

Hello,

From your description, it seems that you are looking for tContextLoad or implicit tContext feature.

Could you please have a look at this scenario:TalendHelpCenter: Scenario: Reading data from different MySQL databases using dynamically loaded con... to see if it is what you are looking for?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi Sabrina,

Thank you, I understand the usage of tcontextload and implicit context loading. However, I have nearly 75 jobs. And each job loads data from sql server to mysql. The connection details are coming in from the context groups(sourcecontext and destinationcontext) where the connection details are hardcoded. 

What I want is a job where I can load my sourcecontext and destinationcontext from the database. I do not want to go to every job now and change any configuration in it. I want a wrapper where I can write to the existing contexts (sourcecontext and destinationcontext)

Thanks

Rathi

Hi,

You can set context variable values from DB table.

Please have a look at my screenshot

1.png

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.