Reading multi schema EBCDIC File

One Star

Reading multi schema EBCDIC File

Hi All ,
I need to read ebcdic file having multischema - Header , Data and Trailer.Header and trailer have 'H' and 'T' indicator respectively , but data records does not have any such indicator.
I tried with tFileOutputEbcdic , but it parses whole file as per single schema.I need to read each record as per its schema.
Kindly help.

Re: Reading multi schema EBCDIC File

Hi,
I need to read ebcdic file having multischema - Header , Data and Trailer.Header and trailer have 'H' and 'T' indicator respectively , but data records does not have any such indicator.

Are you able to parse both records using individual records length and schema?
The work flow should be
----tFileInputEBCDIC1-----Header----tMSSQL
             |
           OK
             |
----tFileInputEBCDIC2-----Detail----tMSSQL
In addition, have you already checked Talend Data Mapper
http://doc.talend.com/enterprise/talend_data_mapper/user_guide/5.6.1/?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Are you able to get any of the schema from EBCDIC? if yes then you can use tMap to filter each schema using output filters. 
but some where i read about using multi schema EBCDIC with cobol copy book and Talend.
Hi Sabrina, 
Does Talend Data mapper supports EBCDIC? 
One Star

I tried reading the file tFileInputEBCDIC.Issue is if I provide all 3 schemas to singke tFileInputEBCDIC , then it throws error while reading the very first row , "Format not Found exception".
I then tried reading full file using one single schema and then using tMap to get separate records using substring , but it throws error , substring returns boolean  , can not be stored in char field.
I am bit new to Talend , Kindly coperate in case of any small mistakes Smiley Happy
Five Stars

After EBCDIC component put tLogRow and check what results are you getting for one of the schema and also check you have specified right length using schema xc2j file. 
One more thing is that file has EBCDIC data or its format is  EBCDIC? you can open same file in any hex editor and check what value you see.