Reading data from a Salesforce report

One Star

Reading data from a Salesforce report

The tSalesforceInput component reads data from a Salesforce component. There does not seem to be an option in that component, nor another component, that can read data from a pre-built Salesforce *report*.
Salesforce has an API for doing this, and it is used by PowerQuery so that within Excel you can view the output of a Salesforce report.
Is there some way I have not yet found to achieve this in Talend? Assuming not, is there any plan to provide such a feature in the future?
With thanks,
Matt.
One Star

Re: Reading data from a Salesforce report

Hi,
Thank's to Talend's tRESTClient component, you can use the Salesforce Analytics API for this purpose (see https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_analytics.meta/api_analytics/sforce_analytics_...).
Carreful, you cannot retrieve more than 2000 rows from the reports, by this way.
Regards,
TRF
One Star

Thanks TRF. Do you (or anyone else?) have a working example?
I can understand the general idea, but there is a bit too much for me to learn about the relevant Talend component settings and the Salesforce API to be able to get there myself.
In my installation of Talend I can see the tREST component, but not tRESTClient. The documentation pages make them sound the same - has one superseded the other?
One Star

Hi,
To access a component you cannot see in the palette, just click on a free place into je job design and start typing the name of the desired component (for ex. tres). You'll see the list of the installed components for which the name starts with that letters.
To make a component visible into the palette, go to the menu File > Edit Project Properties the Designer and Palette Settings.
Here, search for the components you want to hide or show.
I'll try to give you a big picture of what such a job should look like as soon as possible.
Regards,
TRF
One Star

OK, thanks. I can now include a tRESTClient component in my job.
I'm still not going to be able to figure out how to use that to query a Salesforce report via their REST API, and so will greatly appreciate you help.