One Star

Read .xlsb file

Hi,
Is there any way we could read xlsb file?
My source has both noremal and password protected xlsb files.
Thanks,
Dilip
3 REPLIES

Re: Read .xlsb file

Hi,
So far, it is impossible to extract data from a password protected excel file with tFileInputComponent in talend.
Here is a custom component tFileExcelWorkbookOpen written by talend community user and shared on talend exchange portal, which supports the password encryption in various manner.
Could you please take a look at it?
Feel free to let us know if it is OK with you.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
So far, it is impossible to extract data from a password protected excel file with tFileInputComponent in talend.
Here is a custom component tFileExcelWorkbookOpen written by talend community user and shared on talend exchange portal, which supports the password encryption in various manner.
Could you please take a look at it?
Feel free to let us know if it is OK with you.
Best regards
Sabrina

Hi Sabrina,
I have tested tFileExcelWorkbookOpen component and look sok.
My issue is that these components do not support excel binary (xlsb) file.
Any idea?

Hi,
We don't handle passwords in the Excel components, so it's still impossible to read a file protected which can only be accessed with a password.
 Can you open the file and read the data in read-only? If so, it should be possible to read the data using tFileInputExcel.
Have you tried to try to copy and paste a sample of the content you can read into a non-protected excel file and see if the job works?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.