Read .item file

One Star

Read .item file

Hi,
I need to read a .item file in a job. Are there xsd files available for this purpose ?
I've seen the following answer but couldn't understand how to use it...
http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=164
Need help!
Thanks

Re: Read .item file

Hi,
You can refer to the component reference tFileInputXML on Talend Help Center for more details.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
Thank you for your answer. I know how to use the tFileInputXML component. Maybe my question was a bit to short to be easy to understand...
My problem is the following :
I need to read .item files coming from the export of a job in order to analyse them.
In order to do that I'll have to read the .item file (which is an xml file) with a tFileInputXML component. But, as a .item file may have a different structure depending on the job, I need an xsd file defining the tags of the .item files.
Does someone know if such an xsd file exists ?
Thanks
One Star

What is meaning of .item file and .properties file. What does it contain. Please explain me
One Star

What is meaning of .item file and .properties file. What does it contain. Please explain me

Try Google.

Hello Team,

I am Using tmap component and at the background code that is in (.item file ) , I am not getting how this value generates for tmap.
  "<elementParameter field="IMAGE" name="PREVIEW" value="_u58p4PM3EeaMrdsS4tdzHw-tMap_1-PREVIEW.bmp"/>"
This value is unique for each and every job But not getting how it is generating.
Actually we want to build item file externally but not getting how this value is generating..and is this compulsory value ?
Anyone has any idea about this value ?
Thanks,
Ashwini Shinde

Hello Team,

I am Using tmap component and at the background code that is in (.item file ) , I am not getting how this value generates for tmap.
  "<elementParameter field="IMAGE" name="PREVIEW" value="_u58p4PM3EeaMrdsS4tdzHw-tMap_1-PREVIEW.bmp"/>"
This value is unique for each and every job But not getting how it is generating.
Actually we want to build item file externally but not getting how this value is generating..and is this compulsory value ?
Anyone has any idea about this value ?
Thanks,
Ashwini Shinde