Six Stars

Read first/last row of XML

How to read first and last row of XML file.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Aashish
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
6 REPLIES
Employee

Re: Read first/last row of XML

Hi,

While reading the file, you can pass the ((Integer)globalMap.get("tFileInputXML_1_NB_LINE")) parameter also to the subsequent data flow and use this value to pick the first and last rows.

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Six Stars

where should I pass NB_LINE

Regards
Aashish
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

or is there any way to read a file in reverse order like the last record then second last and so on.

Regards
Aashish
--
Employee

Hi,

My sincere apologies as I read the requirement slightly different way. If you want to read the line numbers for each column, the best way is to add a sequence and transfer the data to an additional line number column.

I have shown it for a delimited file but the theory remains same for xml file also.

image.png

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Employee

Hi,

Once you got the line numbers for each row, you can choose the data in any order using a tsortrow and tfilterrow components.

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Six Stars

actually, we are just finding the shortest/smartest way to validate XML files.

Regards
Aashish
--