One Star

Read Specific Record from txt file

Hi All,
My source is a Delimited file. I have around 1000 records. First record contains only date to identify that file is today's file. How can I read the first line alone for validation? And also assist on how to read a specific record from a file( for example 10th record,100 th record etc,.) .

Kindly assist.
Thanks,
Saty.
4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Read Specific Record from txt file

Hi
To read the first N line, you can set the Limit field on tFileInputDelimited to let the component only read the first N line, for example, set Limit as 1 to read the first line. To read a range of lines, for example, from 10th line to 20th line, you can use tSampleRow component.
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

To read the first N line, you can set the Limit field on tFileInputDelimited to let the component only read the first N line, for example, set Limit as 1 to read the first line. To read a range of lines, for example, from 10th line to 20th line, you can use tSampleRow component.

Thanks Shong. I have one doubt. I have N no. of records in a text file. How can I select last record from the this file?
Kindly assist.
One Star

I have N no. of records in a text file. How can I select last record from the this file?

Hi All,
Kindly someone assist on this.
Seven Stars

The best way is probably to use tFileRowCount to get the number of records and then pass that as a variable to tFileInputDelimited's Header field (-1).