One Star

Read Mainframe file

Hi, 
I want to read a file, which is present in mainframe. I know tFileInputEBCDIC can be used. But where do you give the mainframe server, port etc...
Thank you!
3 REPLIES

Re: Read Mainframe file

Hi,
Here are DB2 components in talend. 
Please take a look at component reference about:TalendHelpCenter:tDB2Input.
The work flow should be: tDB2Input-->tHMap-->output
In addition, the EBCDIC components have been deprecated several version ago to be replaced by Talend Data Mapper.
The old components have been published on Talend Exchange and are provided as is, without support from Talend for version 6.0 .
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
Please note that I asked about reading a file. Can I read the mainframe file using tDB2INPUT component? Can you please share any example? 
Thank you!

Hi,
Please take a look at talend data mapper product.
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=talend+data+mapper+user+guide?content-lang=en
TDM does have a mechanism to support reading flat data (COBOL data). In order to support File Format VB you will need to have TDM be sensitive to the word at the beginning of each record that determines the record size. This will require modification to the TDM structures that were generated from the copybook. TDM has a means to dynamically set the length of an element based on a previously read value. This can be used to handle these types of files.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.