Question related to publishing a job as a release

Four Stars

Question related to publishing a job as a release

Hi All,

Currently we are publishing jobs as snapshots as we are in dev environment. We have moved from dev to qa and now moving to uat. Now we have been advised to publish jobs as a release. The question I have is we have master jobs and inside these master jobs we have jobs inturn being called. In such a situation, when we need to publish as a release, if we just publish the master job as a release would be fine, or we need to publish all the child jobs also as a release.

regards,

varsha

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Question related to publishing a job as a release

Can you show me a screenshot of what you mean? If you are publishing a job, you do not need to also publish any of the jobs contained inside it. It will be compiled as a single artefact. You only need to publish that artefact and set that artefact to be a release (untick snapshot).

All Replies
Community Manager

If you are talking about jobs with a parent and multiple nested child jobs, then you just need to publish the parent job. You are essentially publishing a Java application. The parent job and child jobs make up one application. 

Four Stars

What I wanted to know is I would publish just the parent job. But do I need to uncheck the snapshot option in all the child jobs also. Currently all the child jobs have the snapshot option checked. If I want to publish it as a release then should I uncheck the snapshot option in the parent job or on the child job as well

Community Manager

Can you show me a screenshot of what you mean? If you are publishing a job, you do not need to also publish any of the jobs contained inside it. It will be compiled as a single artefact. You only need to publish that artefact and set that artefact to be a release (untick snapshot).

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Download