Question regarding integration with SAP S4HANA version 1809

Four Stars

Question regarding integration with SAP S4HANA version 1809

I'm an SAP consultant working with a client looking to leverage Talend as their integration platform.  When I read through the documentation I see that it mentions Talend supports integration to SAP R/3, but no mention of supporting integrations with S/4 HANA version 1809.  Could someone point me to a product availability matrix that details supported version of SAP?

Also, I see that Teland supports IDOCS coming into and out of SAP and it mentions that it pushes the IDOC to SAP in an XML format.  Is there any support for pushing IDOC in a flat file format and not in XML format?  Also, does anyone know if Talend supports calling a SProxy in SAP?  Will Talend allow me to expose/consume an Odata service from SAP through Talend, so SAP is not directly communicating with other systems and all traffic is pushed through Talend?

I'm sorry for the long list of questions, I'm just trying to figure out how to approach the technical estimates from the SAP side.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Tags (1)

Re: Question regarding integration with SAP S4HANA version 1809

Hello,

SAP s4 is supported on release 1511, 1610, 1709

So far, we are already leveraging Hana 2.0 in talend v 7.1.

Here is online documentation about:TalendHelpCenter: Supported systems, databases and business applications by Talend components

Feel free to create a new feature jira issue on talend bug tracker on talend bug tracker.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download