Four Stars

Question on tFTPPut Error

I keep getting error on tFTPPut even though file gets transferred successfully,

all I am doing is taking certain file from directory-->encrypt it->Upload it to FTP.

eveything gets done fine however I keep getting 'Error! ' on tFTPPut after successful job completion, why that so & how could i catch that?

I tried catching that on OnSubJobError trigger & tried capturing error as ((String)globalMap.get("tFTPPut_1_ERROR_MESSAGE")) but I dont get anything there.

FYI - I am fairly new to talend.

tFTPPUT errortFTPPUT error

• Data Integration
Tags (1)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Question on tFTPPut Error

Hi,

Is there any error message printed on console? Or only error X-mark on tFTPPut component?

We usually open the code tab and see if there has compile error, then, close the job and open it again, the x-mark might disappear.

Let us know if it is Ok with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Ten Stars

Your mail component is part of a string of execution behind an Iterate link.  If you want to send mail once the iteration is finished, you can use an OnSubjobOk link from tFileList to tSendMail.

7 REPLIES

Hi,

Is there any error message printed on console? Or only error X-mark on tFTPPut component?

We usually open the code tab and see if there has compile error, then, close the job and open it again, the x-mark might disappear.

Let us know if it is Ok with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

It was just x-mark error but there was nothing on console & job was running successfully & doing the work as expected.

Anyways, I closing & reopening the talend did the trick.

Thanks for your prompt response.

Four Stars

I have another requirement that I need to send an email with list of the files that got processed once file gets uploaded onto FTP,

As of now I am getting email for every file that gets processed, one email for each file.

How can i send just one email once all processing is done?

I am updating file names to one temp context variable as they gets processed so I have list of files that got processed. 

tSendMail issue.PNG

Hi,

You should use a "OnSubjobOk" connector between your ftp job and tsendmail component.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Four Stars

If you refer the screenshot for my job, I am using "OnSubjobOk" connector between ftp job and tsendmail component. Any other idea?

tSendMail issue.PNG

Any other idea?

Ten Stars

Your mail component is part of a string of execution behind an Iterate link.  If you want to send mail once the iteration is finished, you can use an OnSubjobOk link from tFileList to tSendMail.

Four Stars

that worked perfect. Thanks cterenzi