Four Stars

Question on tCreateTemporayFile

Hi,

I wanted to know if we can control the name of the while using tCreateTemporaryFile component:

I want to create a file with name "TEST.txt"

This component always adds ".tmp" as extention by default.

Is there a way to stop adding ".tmp" as extention.

I already tried keeping spaces in "Suffix" field, and it still adds ".tmp" in the file. (See attached"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Five Stars

Re: Question on tCreateTemporayFile

Hi,

In my last answer it was not clear that if the character space is passed in the "Suffix" field, the component generates the file without the extension "tmp". See the pictures:. 

arq6.pngarq7.PNGarq8.PNG

Evando Souza
6 REPLIES
Nine Stars

Just curious... why do you want to do this?
Five Stars

Hi,

I've tested the component and to change the extension of the temporary file, just put the extension in the suffix field.

See attached image.

Hugs, Evando

arq1.PNGarq2.PNG

Evando Souza
Four Stars

Thanks for the response,

I am able to change the extension using suffix field in the component, If I keep the suffix field empty, It adds ".tmp" by default which is what I don't want.

If should just create "MyName" as per below example, but what it does is, It creates a file "MyName.tmp"

Five Stars

Hi,

From what I understand, you need the temporary file to be generated without extension.

By default the component is prepared to use the ".tmp" extension when the parameter is not passed.

I did a test and put as a parameter a blank and the file was generated without any extension.

I believe that is what you need. Right ?

Thank you, Evando

Evando Souza
Four Stars

Thanks for your help,

Actually, What I was expecting is that component should not add ".tmp" as extension if suffix is kept blank.

In this case file name should be "MyName" instead of "MyName.tmp"

Five Stars

Hi,

In my last answer it was not clear that if the character space is passed in the "Suffix" field, the component generates the file without the extension "tmp". See the pictures:. 

arq6.pngarq7.PNGarq8.PNG

Evando Souza