Four Stars

Question - OAuth2.0 implementation in Talend ESB

Hi,

I have a requirement where I have a number of RestFul API's that need to be exposed using Talend ESB. The services have been created and I have deployed them on Karaf container, no problem there. But, I need a user based authentication layer like OAuth2 to authenticate those requests. The web app that calls the Rest services is on a remote server. So basically, I need an auth server that is validating all incoming requests before Talend gives back the protected resource.

Can anyone please tell me if this something that can be done within Talend or do I need a separate auth server which Talend would call when receiving a request?

• Data Integration
  • ESB
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: Question - OAuth2.0 implementation in Talend ESB

Ah sorry. It's part of the commercial offering. There you will find the required Talend Identity and Access Management module allowing you to define and create the (technical) OAuth users, which then can be used as part of a route or data service authorization. Components like cREST or tRestRequest will have the necessary settings.

Thomas Steinborn
Sr. Director Product Management
7 REPLIES
Employee

It can be done starting Talend 6.4, which we released end of June.

Thomas Steinborn
Four Stars

I am using Talend Open Studio 6.4.1.

Could you please provide some more information on how to implement it?

Employee

Ah sorry. It's part of the commercial offering. There you will find the required Talend Identity and Access Management module allowing you to define and create the (technical) OAuth users, which then can be used as part of a route or data service authorization. Components like cREST or tRestRequest will have the necessary settings.

Thomas Steinborn
Four Stars

Do you mean the Talend Administration Center (TAC)?

Employee

Nope.

Talend Identity and Access Management (TIAM) is a new server module installed next to TAC.

Thomas Steinborn
Four Stars

So what you are saying is, I need to have the Talend Enterprise package like Talend Data Fabric suite to implement this within Talend. Correct?

Employee

That's correct. It doesn't have to be Data Fabric but has to be one of Talend ESB (commercial) or Talend Data Services Platform.

Thomas Steinborn