Five Stars

Question-Joining Tables and Changing Arrangement

Hi, 

I am new to Talend, still getting to learn the basics of tMap and tJoin. However, i am finding it hard to create a job design as visualized in my attachment. Could someone please help sketch a workable flow for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eight Stars

Re: Question-Joining Tables and Changing Arrangement

Hello,

You can make the big table e.g. this way...

cap1.JPG

You will do this for all the 4 tables to have the same output and the use tUnite (not tJoin) to create one big table described in the screenshot.

But sorry. I don't see any logical link between the big green table and the final table. You would need to add some column(s), which will define the relation between the records and sub records.

Hope it helps at least a little bit.

Regards

Lojdr

10 REPLIES

Hello,

Could you please elaborate your case with an example with expected output values?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Ten Stars

first take four tables and do join in Tmap based on dummy by deriving and get the all coulmns from that tables  and arrange in the required order int tmap itself and populate.

Manohar B
Eight Stars

Hello,

You can make the big table e.g. this way...

cap1.JPG

You will do this for all the 4 tables to have the same output and the use tUnite (not tJoin) to create one big table described in the screenshot.

But sorry. I don't see any logical link between the big green table and the final table. You would need to add some column(s), which will define the relation between the records and sub records.

Hope it helps at least a little bit.

Regards

Lojdr

Ten Stars

then what ever the screshot ,which you attahced in original post is the worng one. i have provided solution based on that.

Manohar B
Five Stars

Hi Lojdr,

Thanks, found your response quite helpful. Maybe to elaborate more, Datasets on Nigeria and Canada-Represent National data, Data from FAO represents Global Data and Data from UNDP represents regional data. I might not have visualized the correct flow of work, but the end table should have data arranged as the one below the green big table. Maybe you could advise on how i could create a flow, Thanks. I am relying on Talend Studio for Big Data and not Data Integration. Thanks

Five Stars

Hi Xdshi,

Thanks for showing interest, ok, i am trying to design a way in which data gathered in Mysql withing my local server can be linked up to a job design within Open Studio for Big data. The data received will be from countries (National Level Data)-e.g Nigeria and Canada, from international bodies (Global Level data)-e.g FAO and from regional bodies(Regional Level Data) e.g UNDP, as illustrated in my example. I am not sure about the workflow i should adopt but then the final arrangement of data should be as in the last table with Global, National and Regional Representation. Hope that elaborates my question further. Please feel free if you need any more clarification. Thanks

Five Stars

Hi manodwhb,

Thanks for the response, but its not quite clear. I would really appreciate if you would take screen shots step by step using dummy data with the structure of the example i just uploaded. Thanks

Five Stars

Hi Manohar,

The flow i updated in my original post is the original flow that i am requesting for assistance. You can refere to that as the problem.

Regards

Eight Stars

Hello,

I understand, that FAO is global data and Nigeria is local/national data, but I am looking for what is the relation between the records from the Global and national data. Is it position in the small green tables? Like first line in the Nigeria table is related to the first line in FAO?

If yes, I would use a surrogate key which will be generated for every line and the join them in tMap using the surrogate key as a joining relation. Is that what are you looking for?

Regards

Lojdr

Five Stars

Hi Lojdr,

The data found on all the 4 tables at the start are totally not related except for the fact that some columns may match for example the GDP column in Canada and Nigeria Tables. Thats why i said my work flow may not be as required but my main goal is to get the first 4 tables to look like the arrangement in the last table. Thanks. Feel free to ask for more clarification. I have not used the surrogate function as you have suggested but i will give it a try