Query result in tSendMail

Five Stars

Query result in tSendMail

I query my database to get a small table (7 rows, 2 columns), indicating if a process was successful or not.

In particular, if any of the rows has a zero in the second column, the process has failed. 

I would like to branch: if no rows contain zero's send mail all went ok, if not, send one mail either containing the zero rows in some formatting or just send the table (ie the query result.)

I have tried using a tFilterRow, but then i send 1 mail for each row, and i just one email with the content of the mail depending on the query result.

Four Stars

Re: Query result in tSendMail

Maybe you could use the filter and put the rows in a delimited file using a tFileOuputDelimited and enable the 'Don't generate empty file' option. And use on Subjob OK to trigger a tFileExists to check if a file was created. If there is a file you can use a tFileInputRaw to pick up the content and mail it. If there is no file there is no error.

Five Stars

Re: Query result in tSendMail

Thanks, i will try this after the weekend. After i have found a way to put my project under version control.

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach

Watch

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch