Query for each row from input?

One Star

Query for each row from input?

I have a relatively small set of input data. For each row in this input data I need to look for a matching row in a different database. Due to the size of the master database it's not really practical to just select all rows and use a tMap component - I need to run a query for each of the incoming rows.
I thought the tSybaseRow component sounded correct based on the description but when I put in the query, add PreparedStatement parameters, and change the schema accordingly I get a warning and an error ("Warning: Paremeter (Query): schema is different from the query." and Error: "The schema from the input link "row5\" is different from the schema defined in the component").
How can I get this done?
Seven Stars

Re: Query for each row from input?

You should use a standard input component for your lookup but select the "Reload at each row" option in tMap. There are detailed notes in the help about this option.
One Star

Re: Query for each row from input?

You should use a standard input component for your lookup but select the "Reload at each row" option in tMap. There are detailed notes in the help about this option.

Thanks!

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 2

Part 2 of a series on Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema