Query data from SAP table

One Star

Query data from SAP table

Hi... can we query SAP ecc tables to extract data into Talend ? I,e is the where clauses and joins possible to do in SAP side before extracting into TALEND?

Re: Query data from SAP table

Hiraviteja440,
So far, there is no query option in tsapinput component which allows to extract data from an SAP system at any level through calling RFC or BAPI functions.
In addition, since version 6.0, the SAP components  (tSAPInput, tSAPOutput) have been removed, we have published open source SAP components on Talend Exchange officially. You can download tSapInput and tSapOut components freely from Talend Exchange Portal and install them into your open studio.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I am using Talend 5.6.1. Do the new open source components have the capacity query on SAP tables directly ? what is the best way to extract data by filtering from SAP table ?
Six Stars

Hi,
if you use in SAP generic function to retrieve data RFC_GET_TABLE, you will get not only the records, but also structure. This generic function has also INPUT parameter which supports basic SQL like filtering (myColumn > 12).
Also you can ask your SAP guys to define for you the views, so data get filtered before you feed them and you access this view via RFC.
Of course you can join these data retreived from 2 or more tSAPInput components via tMap component, just that lookup will get called on every record/row processed based on my understanding. You can do one thing here. If your data are not that big, let's feed them into Talend buffer component tBufferOutput/tHashOutput and then you can work with the buffer only....
Best regards,
Ladislav
One Star

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. so, i believe from what you said,SAP doesn't support complex querying at all. I was curious to ask because from your post it seems like the job design will consume more time to achieve the desired SQL functionality to be implemented and also it  might hit the performance as well as we are doing join/lookup operations in talend memory bank. I wished that there must be some component that extracts data from sap by querying like there was for other DB components ex: Tmysqlinput, tOracleinput.
Anyway thanks for clarification.
Six Stars

Sorry, maybe you got me wrong or I was too quick with my answer :-)
The thing is that for tOracleInput, there is similar tSAPInput component supporting RFC connect style. So you get your rows the same way. I was not accurate with tMap behavior, but you just need to select right lookup strategy for tMap component, so you prevent to query data for every row. The default Lookup Model is Load once, so that is fine. But in some different nature of the data you need to reload query table for every row.
You need to know what is your strategy on this.
Take a look also at some available docs:
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=tMap+lookup+models&content-lang=en