Six Stars

Project scenarios

a.PNG

Scenario 1 :

I have to insert comma in the values.

ex: 32825 o/p : 32,825

3281564 o/p : 3,281,564 

Before third digit i have to place comma.

Scenario 2 :

I have to replace the values -7.8 to (7.8)

need to replace open and close brackets for minus values.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: Project scenarios

It worked after changing into this.

row11.EBITDA_MARGIN_Dec_17 .contains("-")?"("+row11.EBITDA_MARGIN_Dec_17 .replace("-","")+")": row11.EBITDA_MARGIN_Dec_17; 

13 REPLIES
Twelve Stars

@Darmesh,

1:- if you were using tFileOutputExcel using to populate data,for the number filed you can specify Thousands separator.

Untitled.png

2:- you can use the below one.

!row1.filed.equals("") || row1.filed!=null||row1.filed.contains("-")>0?"("+row1.filed.replace("-","")+")": row1.filed

Manohar B
Six Stars

@manodwhb

for scenario2 . am getting below error

a.PNGb.PNG

Six Stars

It worked after changing into this.

row11.EBITDA_MARGIN_Dec_17 .contains("-")?"("+row11.EBITDA_MARGIN_Dec_17 .replace("-","")+")": row11.EBITDA_MARGIN_Dec_17; 

Twelve Stars

try this

!row1.filed.equals("") || row1.filed!=null||row1.filed.contains("-")?"("+row1.filed.replace("-","")+")": row1.filed

Manohar B
Six Stars

@manodwhb

It is working fine. But sometimes column will contain null values. so how to overcome null pointer exception.

Six Stars

@manodwhb @TRF @rhall_2_0

It is working fine. But sometimes column will contain null values. so how to overcome null pointer exception.

Twelve Stars

Try the below one.

!row1.filed.equals("") || row1.filed!=null||row1.filed.contains("-")?"(row1.field==null?row1.fieldSmiley Sad"+row1.filed.replace("-","")+")"): row1.filed
Manohar B
Six Stars

Error after using the below code

String literal is not properly closed by a double-quote

!row1.filed.equals("") || row1.filed!=null||row1.filed.contains("-")?"(row1.field==null?row1.field"+row1.filed.replace("-","")+")"): row1.filed

Twelve Stars

try the below one.

!row1.filed.equals("") || row1.filed!=null||row1.filed.contains("-")?(row1.field==null?row1.field:"("+row1.filed.replace("-","")+")"): row1.filed

Manohar B
Six Stars

it has null values.

error :

java.lang.NullPointerException

Twelve Stars

this should fix for the null pointer exception row1.filed

if you still gets you have look for other columns may be causing null pointer exception.

!row1.filed.equals("") || row1.filed!=null||row1.filed.contains("-")?"("+row1.filed.replace("-","")+")": row1.filed

Manohar B
Six Stars

still the same error.

But i want to load the null values into the excel without getting null exception error.

a.PNG

OR

Is there any other method to convert negative values to () brackets.

Twelve Stars

@Darmesh, i am able to get with below expresion. please check

(!row3.newColumn1.equals("") || row3.newColumn1!=null) &&row3.newColumn1.contains("-")?"("+row3.newColumn1.replace("-","")+")": row3.newColumn1 

Manohar B