ProcessorException: Routines "TalendDate" has compile errors in compatibility mode with java 7

Five Stars

ProcessorException: Routines "TalendDate" has compile errors in compatibility mode with java 7

Hello,

I'm trying to compile a Spark batch job, with compatibility with Java 7, because the cloudera cluster we are using has only java 7 installed (and I can not update it).

The error I get is:

org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorException: Routines "TalendDate" has compile errors
Error Line: 298
Detail Message: Lambda expressions are allowed only at source level 1.8 or above

The Talend process is a simple read a line from hive -> show the result.

I already tried to uninstall all java versions I had in the system and installed only the last version of jdk 8. 

These are my current compiler settings: (Talend Data fabric version 7.1)

Cattura.PNG

capp2.PNG

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Highlighted
Nine Stars

Re: ProcessorException: Routines "TalendDate" has compile errors in compatibility mode with java 7

Is the Studio process itself running in java 8 or 7?

You can change which JVM the Studio uses by editing a shortcut to the executable.  This is what I have to force Studio to use Java 8 because I also have 7 installed.

Talend-Studio-win-x86_64 -vm "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_162\bin" -vmargs -Xms1024m -Xmx4096m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m

--
Please give Kudos and mark topics as solved where appropriate.
Five Stars

Re: ProcessorException: Routines "TalendDate" has compile errors in compatibility mode with java 7

Really thanks for the answer.

I'm sure Talend is working with java 1.8, because this version of the studio require it. 

If I do the reverse operation, forcing Talend to run on java 7:

Talend-Studio-win-x86_64 -vm "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin" -vmargs -Xms1024m -Xmx4096m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m

It gives me the error:

talend_error_1.7.PNG

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Put Massive Amounts of Data to Work

Learn how to make your data more available, reduce costs and cut your build time

Watch Now

How OTTO Utilizes Big Data to Deliver Personalized Experiences

Read about OTTO's experiences with Big Data and Personalized Experiences

Blog

Talend Integration with Databricks

Take a look at this video about Talend Integration with Databricks

Watch Now