Problems with Ingres 10 / JDBC driver / BOOLEAN datatype

Six Stars

Problems with Ingres 10 / JDBC driver / BOOLEAN datatype

In our company we are using the database system Ingres 10S (10.1). Since version 10 Ingres supports a new datatype BOOLEAN. This support was also included in the new Ingres JDBC driver since v4.0.1 (iijdbc). As far as I can see in Talend Open Studio 5.3.1.r104014 is only the JDBC-Version 3.4.8 included.
I have tried to overwrite the iijdbc.jar in the plugins-folder (\plugins\org.talend.libraries.jdbc.ingres_5.3.1.r104014\lib). That helped only sometimes. In some other cases I got an ClassNotFound-Exeption when I added an Ingres database connection using the new iijdbc.jar-file and tested the connection. I have then added the jar-file in the Modules-Tab. But that doesn't helped either. I'm not sure if that is the correct solution. When I search for iijdbc.jar on my pc this file is also found in the temp/dbWizard-Folder of each TOS-Project.
Is there a new version of TOS planned with the new iijdbc-file?
How can I fix my problem with the ClassNotFound-Exeption?
For more information about Ingres Java driver see:
http://community.actian.com/wiki/Ingres_Java_Development_Center/Ingres_Java_Learn#JDBC_Driver_Versio...
http://esd.actian.com/product/drivers/JDBC/java
Regards,
Frank

Re: Problems with Ingres 10 / JDBC driver / BOOLEAN datatype

Hi,
How did you use external jar in talend studio? tlibraryload?
Could you please open a jira issue of DI project on Talend Bug Tracker for new version iijdbc-file, our component developer will check it.
Please set the issue type as "Work Item".
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hi Sabrina,
I didn't explicitly load the external jar file with tLibraryLoad. I thought by adding the file to the module list it will be loaded automatically with Talend. I will test it by using the tLibraryLoad component.
I have opened an issue for a new version of the iijdbc-file: https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-27730
Regards,
Frank

Hi,
Thanks for your contribution.
Let me know if it is working when you use tLibraryLoad.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hi Sabrina,
I just thought about using the tLibraryLoad. Is this the right way? Because I'm using connections from the repository. And the db connection wizard uses the old iijdbc-file, right?
I created a simple job with tLibraryLoad but I got the error that the datatype boolean is unsupported (see code). When I then load the new iijdbc.jar-file in the modules tab (add external jar) everything works fine.
What I also found out:
- when I use the tLibraryLoad the iijdbc-file will be added to the lib-folder of the TOS installation folder (TOS_DI-Win32-r104014-V5.3.1\lib\java)
- when I add the iijdbc-file in the modules tab it will be added to the lib-folder of the workspace folder (Workspace_5.3.1\.Java\lib)
- the new iijdbc-file isn't listed in the modules tab (see attached screenshot)
- there is no Ok on the link between tLibraryLoad and tIngresConnection, so I don't know if the library was loaded (see attached screenshot)
Shall I open a new jira issue?
Regards,
Frank
Starte Job iijdbc am 08:45 15/10/2013.
connecting to socket on port 3665
connected
Exception in component tIngresInput_1
com.ingres.gcf.util.SqlEx: Client at level 67 is attempting to retrieve unsupported data type 'boolean'
at com.ingres.gcf.jdbc.DrvObj.readError(Unknown Source)
at com.ingres.gcf.jdbc.JdbcStmt.readError(Unknown Source)
at com.ingres.gcf.jdbc.DrvObj.readResults(Unknown Source)
at com.ingres.gcf.jdbc.JdbcStmt.readResults(Unknown Source)
at com.ingres.gcf.jdbc.JdbcStmt.readResults(Unknown Source)
at com.ingres.gcf.jdbc.JdbcStmt.exec(Unknown Source)
at com.ingres.gcf.jdbc.JdbcStmt.executeQuery(Unknown Source)
disconnected
Job iijdbc endet am 08:45 15/10/2013.

Edit: screenshots added

Hi,
Our component developers are working on this issue. I will inform you as long as there is a response.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Six Stars

Hi Sabrina,
I updated the issue: https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-27730. I hope the change/update makes it into TOS 6.
Best regards,
Frank

Hi Frank,

Thanks for letting us know that. 
Best regards
Sabrina
--