Problems installing third party jars

One Star

Problems installing third party jars

I have Open Studio 6.0.0 and have seen some online tutorials, seen other posts that deal with this... but they all seem to be for other versions of the software and mine doesn't seem to conform to the examples.
I am trying to install third party jars necessary for various functions (like ojdbc6.jar)
This tutorial shows how to do it inside the tool

-BUT- in my version (6.0) I don't have that icon which looks like a barrel or a jar to click on
Likewise on this forum post

someone says to drop the .jar in <studio>/lib/java or <studio>/configuration/lib/java
I don't have the first directory, and the second one is different for me.  I have <studio>/configuration but no lib/java subdirectory, moreover it looks like there is an XML file at the configuration level (LibrariesIndex.xml) and then some subdirectory that it points at.  Is it recommended to edit the XML file by hand?  If I do so can I call the subfolder anything (as long as it matches what is in the XML file) or do I need to match the package structure exactly.  Or how should I do this?

One Star

Re: Problems installing third party jars

It stripped out the links I put in last time
talend 5.2 GUI tutorial

talend forum post on jars
One Star

The forum keeps stripping out the links I put here.
I can understand that one might be distrustful of random external links, but one was to talend's online help and the other to another forum post.  Is it so hard to verify "internal" links and allow them?
Community Manager

DanS9 wrote:
The forum keeps stripping out the links I put here.
I can understand that one might be distrustful of random external links, but one was to talend's online help and the other to another forum post.  Is it so hard to verify "internal" links and allow them?

I think this is because oyu post as guest, not as member. Try to log in / create a Talend account and then try again.
Community Manager

DanS9 wrote:
It stripped out the links I put in last time
talend 5.2 GUI tutorial

talend forum post on jars

Tutorial on 5.2 might be quite outdated, I believe.
Have you checked this article:
https://help.talend.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=190513327

HTH
Elisa
One Star

Even after I log in to the website it says my status is "not logged in"
I will try to put the links in again and fool the robot that strips them out by padding them etc
This is the 5.2 documentation
https (colon slash slash) help.talend.com (slash) display (slash) KB (slash) Installing+third-party+jars+in+Studio+-+Talend+v5.2+features
This is the fourm link
https (colon slash slash) www.talendforge.org (slash) forum (slash) viewtopic.php?id=45415
We finally (somewhat) got it to work but there were a number of confusing points:
1) there is more than one view that is "Modules" one is Debug:Modules (which is the wrong one) and the other is "Talend:Modules", very confusing.  It would be better if they did not have exactly the same name.  The Talend:Modules does have the barrel/jar icon.
2) we were able to get the jar wizard to come up by dropping in a new component of the same type as the one having the problem.  That causes the wizard to come up where you can tell it where the jar is.  Double clicking on an existing component with the problem does nothing however.

Hi DanS9,
Are you still facing this issue?

Have you tried to reset your password since?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog