Problems With Oracle Bulk Load/SQL Loader

One Star

Problems With Oracle Bulk Load/SQL Loader

Hello Everyone,
I am having some problems using the component tOracleBulkLoad, the following error is happening:
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "sqlldr": error=2, No such file or directory

I saw that some people in the forum already had the same problem, and fixed configuring ORACLE_HOME variable. In my case I can execute the command sqlldr in the command line, but Talend does not recognize it, just dont know what can I do.
These are my configurations:
Talend Integration Suite: 5.2.2
ORACLE_HOME = /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/client_1
I really appreacite if anyone can help.
Thanks!
Community Manager

Re: Problems With Oracle Bulk Load/SQL Loader

Hi 
Are you talking about tOracleOutputBulkExec component? In order to use this component properly, you must install oracle client tool on the same machine where the job is executed.
BR
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hello shong,
First of all, thank for your response. I already installed oracle client tool in the same machine Talend is running, this is very strange.
Our enviroment is something like this:

Server 1: 
Talend Running the job with tOracleBulkExecOracle Client 
Server 2:
Oracle Database 11g where data is saved (output)
Just because Oracle Client is installed i don´t know what can I do.
Thanks
Community Manager

Hi  
Maybe it is a permission issue? Take a look at this similar topic, try to use tSystem component to execute sqlldr command and see if it is recognized.
BR
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hello Shong,
I tried it, and the result is:

Using tSSH component with normal configuration: I have the same error of tOracleBulkLoad (sqlldr is not found)
Using tSSH component with Pseudo Terminal: It recognizes the sqlldr command (I just dont know why)

Thats it, i will try to put the command in tSSH component using Pseudo Terminal, but I just dont know what is the difference between both options, the first one is not recognized and the last one is ok.
Thank you
One Star

Hello,
Just reporting, if anyone will pass for the same problem someday.
In my case, I put in the tSSH the full path for the sqlldr, so the command in tSSH is something this:
"/u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/client_1/bin/sqlldr xxx/xxx@'\"(DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = xxxx)(PORT = xxx)) (LOAD_BALANCE = ON) (FAILOVER = ON) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = xxxx) (FAILOVER_MODE = (TYPE = SELECT) (METHOD = BASIC) (RETRIES = 5) (DELAY = 2))))\"' bad='bad_file.txt' control='xxx.ctl' log='log.txt' direct='true'"

Thats it.
Thank you
Best regards