Problems SAP Hana connection

Five Stars

Problems SAP Hana connection

Hello,

I use Talend Open Studio 6.4.1, and I try to create my first Hana-job. I am used to using Mysql with tMysqlInput and metat-data connectors and now I would like to do the same with SAP Hana. I therefore created a DB-Connection and did use the automatic shema generation as one can see below.

When I now try to do a drag n' drop it just tells me "Can't drag & drop to create node.", when I do the same with the Mysql connector I can easily choose the component I wan't. I have the same problem when using easer the connection itself or any of the shemas.

TalendHana.PNG

Now I did try to manually add a new SAPConnection from the palette, but here I am unable to select the "Meta-Data connection" defined previously ...

TalendHana2.PNG

Using tSAPInput, I can use the tSAPConnection from the palette, but no link to the Meta-Data connection.

What I find even more confusing is the fact I cannot create a query in tSAPInput, but which I can do with tSAPBWInput, but with this one I am unable to use any database-connection  ...

TalendHana3.PNG

TalendHana4.PNG

Finally I have no idea on how to correctly work with Hana-databases in Talend ...

Re: Problems SAP Hana connection

Hello,

With talend open studio, there is no metadata for SAP connection.

For more information, please take a look at document about:TalendHelpCenter:Centralizing SAP metadata

1.png

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Re: Problems SAP Hana connection

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. So you mean, it does not work with the "Open" version, but only with the "full" version?

I see you use "talend data fabric", what is the difference to "talend open studio for data integration"?

Thank you,

André

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads