Five Stars

Problems SAP Hana connection

Hello,

I use Talend Open Studio 6.4.1, and I try to create my first Hana-job. I am used to using Mysql with tMysqlInput and metat-data connectors and now I would like to do the same with SAP Hana. I therefore created a DB-Connection and did use the automatic shema generation as one can see below.

When I now try to do a drag n' drop it just tells me "Can't drag & drop to create node.", when I do the same with the Mysql connector I can easily choose the component I wan't. I have the same problem when using easer the connection itself or any of the shemas.

TalendHana.PNG

Now I did try to manually add a new SAPConnection from the palette, but here I am unable to select the "Meta-Data connection" defined previously ...

TalendHana2.PNG

Using tSAPInput, I can use the tSAPConnection from the palette, but no link to the Meta-Data connection.

What I find even more confusing is the fact I cannot create a query in tSAPInput, but which I can do with tSAPBWInput, but with this one I am unable to use any database-connection  ...

TalendHana3.PNG

TalendHana4.PNG

Finally I have no idea on how to correctly work with Hana-databases in Talend ...

• Data Integration
Tags (3)
2 REPLIES

Re: Problems SAP Hana connection

Hello,

With talend open studio, there is no metadata for SAP connection.

For more information, please take a look at document about:TalendHelpCenter:Centralizing SAP metadata

1.png

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Re: Problems SAP Hana connection

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. So you mean, it does not work with the "Open" version, but only with the "full" version?

I see you use "talend data fabric", what is the difference to "talend open studio for data integration"?

Thank you,

André