Problems Launching Debug of Talend ESB Route

Five Stars

Problems Launching Debug of Talend ESB Route

I'm getting a FileNotFoundException (listed below) when try to launch the debugger on a route in Talend Open Studio for ESB.  The route contains two cHTTP components.  The input component routes the request as is to an external HTTP endpoint.  The route runs fine in the studio.  The route also builds, deploys, and runs fine in the Runtime.  However, I cannot run the debugger.  It is possible to debug ESB routes, correct?

I should also mention that I see a similar error for any route in my TOS that I try to debug.

IOException parsing XML document from class path resource [META-INF/spring/awslambdasayhello.xml]; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [META-INF/spring/awslambdasayhello.xml] cannot be opened because it does not exist
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: IOException parsing XML document from class path resource [META-INF/spring/awslambdasayhello.xml]; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [META-INF/spring/awslambdasayhello.xml] cannot be opened because it does not exist
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:344)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:304)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:181)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:217)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:188)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:252)
	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractXmlApplicationContext.java:127)
	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractXmlApplicationContext.java:93)
	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:129)
	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.obtainFreshBeanFactory(AbstractApplicationContext.java:614)
	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:515)
	at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:139)
	at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:83)
	at tesb_poc.awslambdasayhello_0_1.AWSLambdaSayHello$1.createContext(AWSLambdaSayHello.java:137)
	at org.apache.camel.main.Main.getCamelContextMap(Main.java:167)
	at org.apache.camel.main.MainSupport.postProcessContext(MainSupport.java:545)
	at org.apache.camel.main.Main.doStart(Main.java:136)
	at org.apache.camel.support.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:61)
	at org.apache.camel.main.MainSupport.run(MainSupport.java:170)
	at tesb_poc.awslambdasayhello_0_1.AWSLambdaSayHello.run(AWSLambdaSayHello.java:156)
	at tesb_poc.awslambdasayhello_0_1.AWSLambdaSayHello.runJobInTOS(AWSLambdaSayHello.java:246)
	at tesb_poc.awslambdasayhello_0_1.AWSLambdaSayHello.main(AWSLambdaSayHello.java:219)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [META-INF/spring/awslambdasayhello.xml] cannot be opened because it does not exist
	at org.springframework.core.io.ClassPathResource.getInputStream(ClassPathResource.java:172)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:330)
	... 21 more
Tags (1)

Re: Problems Launching Debug of Talend ESB Route

Hello,

Here is a known issue and it could be fixed in  7.2.1, 7.0.2, 7.1.2. Could you please try to use V 7.2.1 to see if it is OK with you?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi xdshi,

I downloaded 7.2.1 and imported my project with route I'm trying to debug.  I got the exact same error when entering the debugger.  Any other idea?

Chris

Five Stars

I have found the solution. 

1. Create a route
  2. Run the route in studio once to generate the needed spring config file
  3. The file yourroutename.xml  in path_to_your_workspace/your_project_name/poms/jobs/routes/your_route_name_w_version/src/main/bundle-resources/META_INF/spring needs to be copied into the java build path.
  4. Copy  all files and sub directories under META_INF in path above to path_to_your_workspace/your_project_name/poms/jobs/routes/your_route_name_w_version/src/main/resources
  5. Launch route in Java Debugger
  6. Repeat for every new route

The is a Talend bug that could be fixed by adding path_to_your_workspace/your_project_name/poms/jobs/routes/your_route_name_w_version/src/main/bundle-resources to the java build path.

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your solution with us.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Talend API Designer – Technical Overview

Take a look at this technical overview video of Talend API Designer

Watch Now

Getting Started with APIs

Find out how to get started with APIs

Read