One Star

Problem with tFileList and tFileInputXML

Hi Guys,
I wonder can you help me here.
1). I have approx. 50,000 input xml files so I put them through the tfileLIst and tFileInputXML. However, I need 2 fields with different amount of rows in each from the file so I need to pass it through the tFileInputXML twice. I have 1 tFileList with 2 iterates coming out into 2 tFileInputXML but I get the following error:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
Duplicate local variable p
I dont even know what this p is?
I did try to put 2 tFileList and 2 tFileInputXML but they seem to run serially which is no good in my case as it doubles the time.
2). It doesnt look as if its possible to replicate an iterate, is that the case?, This would seem a useful excerise if you have 50000 xml files and you want to synchronise an extract from the complex xml.
Thanks,
Adrian

Version: 3.0.0M2
Build id: r16767-20080805-1512
1 REPLY
Community Manager

Re: Problem with tFileList and tFileInputXML

Hello
1).
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
Duplicate local variable p

It is a complilation problem, you can go to generated code tab and see where does the error occur.
A screeshot of your job will be welcome.
2). It doesnt look as if its possible to replicate an iterate, is that the case?, This would seem a useful excerise if you have 50000 xml files and you want to synchronise an extract from the complex xml.

You can use a tReplicate component after tFileInputXML, so you perform different operation on the same schema.
Best regards

shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business