One Star

Problem with Talend 6.3 and Sybase

Hi 
I have Talend 6.3, and I cannot connect to Sybase. I install the driver, and when execute the project, i received this message
Exception in component tSybaseConnection_1
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybDriver
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)
at aaa.conexion_0_1.Conexion.tSybaseConnection_1Process(Conexion.java:449)
at aaa.conexion_0_1.Conexion.tPrejob_1Process(Conexion.java:352)
at aaa.conexion_0_1.Conexion.runJobInTOS(Conexion.java:720)
at aaa.conexion_0_1.Conexion.main(Conexion.java:579)
disconnected

I install the library with this manual . I attach the screen of the library installed 

Can you help me ??
Thanks for all
Regards
Jota
15 REPLIES

Re: Problem with Talend 6.3 and Sybase

Hi jota,
What's the JDK version you are using? Have you already restarted your studio to see if it works?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi jota,
What's the JDK version you are using? Have you already restarted your studio to see if it works?
Best regards
Sabrina

Hi Sabrina
Thanks for your answer. I restarted the studio and the problem didn't solve.
My JDK version 
C:\Users\XXXXXX>javac -version
javac 1.8.0_101
C:\Users\jpereira>java -version
java version "1.8.0_101"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_101-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.101-b13, mixed mode)
C:\Users\XXXXXX>

Thanks for all :-)
Regards
Jota
One Star

Hi
I solved the problem. I changed the jconn3.jar, the other file is corrupt
Thanks for all
Regards 
Four Stars

Hi,
I am still facing the same issue, I'm using TOS 6.2.1 and trying to connect to Sybase DB v15, yet I am unable to.
The connection defined properly, but when I start the execution, I am getting the below error, 
Exception in component tJDBCInput_1
java.sql.SQLException: JZ0TE: Attempted conversion between an illegal pair of types. Valid database datatypes are: 'tinyint, smallint, int, bit, float, decimal, numeric, char, unichar, varchar, univarchar, text, unitext, money, short money, unsigned bigint'
at com.sybase.jdbc4.jdbc.ErrorMessage.raiseError(ErrorMessage.java:752)
at com.sybase.jdbc4.tds.TdsJdbcInputStream.getShort(TdsJdbcInputStream.java:1976)
at com.sybase.jdbc4.jdbc.SybResultSet.getShort(SybResultSet.java:402)
at anas.sybasetest_0_1.SybaseTest.tJDBCInput_1Process(SybaseTest.java:5704)
at anas.sybasetest_0_1.SybaseTest.runJobInTOS(SybaseTest.java:8108)
at anas.sybasetest_0_1.SybaseTest.main(SybaseTest.java:7965)
disconnected
Job SybaseTest ended at 08:35 20/02/2017.
Note, I've tried to connect through tSybaseInput component as well as using tJdbc both giving errors, although I can connect and read data using same driver but through normal java application away from TOS, appreciate your support
Regards,
Anas
Four Stars

Adding to the above, the drivers that I've tried to use are, jconn3.jar,, jconn4d.jar and jtds-1.3.1.jar,, using all of them I could connect but couldnt read data, yet through normal java class I could.

Hi anas1985,
Could you please try to use talend V 6.3 to see if this issue repro?
Bets regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for your support, on TOS 6.3.1 tJDBC component worked to read from sybase database, however, Sybase input component did not.
in all cases, this did the job for me for the time being, thx again.
Regards,
Anas

Hi Anas,
Did you still get the same error when use Sybase input component read data on V TOS 6.3.1?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina,
Yes, I am still unable to setup Sybase connection, I am getting the below exception,
Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
  java.sql.SQLException: JZ0SA: Prepared Statement: Input parameter not set, index: 0.
      at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.ErrorMessage.raiseError(Unknown Source)
      at com.sybase.jdbc3.tds.TdsParam.prepareForSend(Unknown Source)
      at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.ParamManager.checkParams(Unknown Source)
      at com.sybase.jdbc3.tds.Tds.rpc(Unknown Source)
      at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybCallableStatement.sendRpc(Unknown Source)
      at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybCallableStatement.executeQuery(Unknown Source)
      at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybDatabaseMetaData.if(Unknown Source)
      at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybDatabaseMetaData.getSchemas(Unknown Source)
      at org.talend.commons.utils.database.PackageFakeDatabaseMetadata.getSchemas(PackageFakeDatabaseMetadata.java:114)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.checkSchemaConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:380)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:332)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:289)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$62.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:3953)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$62.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Hi anas1985
What's your Sybase version and on which build version you got this issue? Can you successfully connect to your Sybase connection through client without using talend tool?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina,
My Sybase version is 15.5.0.1012.1000, I am able to connect through thick client, without installing Sybase client, do I need an installed client to be able to connect through Talend?
Regards,
Anas

Hi,
You don't need install client to be able to connect through talend. We just make sure your connection parameter is correct.
Could you please show us your DB connection screenshot in metadata(mask your sensitive data)?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Four Stars

Here you go,

Hi,
Screenshots works only if you drag&drop the image directly in the editor window. 
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Four Stars

Please check the attached screenshot..