One Star

Problem with Row Separator in tFileOutputDelimited

I'm using Talend 3.1.3.
I was following this bug but it has been closed: 0010065: escape sequence "\n" not recognise by Notepad into the text file generated by tFileOutputDelimited
I'm not sure how the bug reporting process works, but I am still seeing a problem. When I look at a "normal" .txt file in a hex editor, I see hex 0D0A at the end of each line. I tried several options in the Row Separator in tFileOutputDelimited:
\n results in hex 0A
\r\n results in hex 0D
\n\r results in hex 0A
It seems to be putting the first char (0D or 0A) but not both in the resulting file. How can I get hex 0D0A as the row separator? Is there a hex format I can use in the field? The bug stated to use another editor, but my customer uses Notepad.
Thanks.
UPDATE: Funny thing happened...I actually wanted to email the file after creation, so I added a tSendMail and attached the created file. Even though the original file stored on disk does not format correctly (contains only hex 0D), the file is fine after it is emailed to a destination (0D0A appears at the end of each line and it displays fine). So, if anyone else is having this problem, just email it after creation and it will get fixed.
5 REPLIES
Four Stars

Re: Problem with Row Separator in tFileOutputDelimited

I know this is an OLD message, but you can get the result he desired with: "\r"+"\n" as the Row Separator.
One Star

Thanks.
It worked fine for me!!
Four Stars

For me too, thank you cmills.
Four Stars

Hi, 

I have a similar problem with processing a UTF-8 file that I need to switch to UTF-16. Talend returns me a separator that gives in hexa 00 0D 0A. as if the conversion wasn't good. I tried the solution given above but it doesn't work in my case. I'm on Talend DI 6.3.1, if someone has a solution I'm a taker.

Thx Smiley Happy

Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

Open a new case

TRF