Problem with JDK and JDR

Four Stars

Problem with JDK and JDR

Hello
I have a problem executing the tWebService component. Error:
Exception in component tWebService_1 (Web)
java.lang.IllegalStateException: No compiler detected, make sure you are running on top of a JDK instead of a JRE.
I put screenshots of the process and Java configuration.

Captura1.JPGpro

Captura2.JPGJDK

Captura3.JPGError

I need help please.

Accepted Solutions
Sixteen Stars

Re: Problem with JDK and JDR

1) Restarted your Studio?

2) Is your PATH variable configured with your JDK's bin folder?

3) Do you have more than 1 JDK/JRE configured in your PATH? If so, can you remove any? If not, maybe point to the JDK you want to, following this https://community.talend.com/t5/Migration-Configuration-and/Where-to-define-JAVA-HOME-for-Studio-TAC...

4) Do you have a JAVA_HOME environment variable configured?

If you didn't restart your Studio after making the change I suggested last time, do that first to just check quickly. If that does not fix it, check your environment variables.

All Replies
Sixteen Stars

The JDK is the Java Development Kit. The JRE is the Java Runtime Environment. You actually get a JRE when you download the JDK. You cannot develop and compile with the JRE, you can only run your precompiled code. As such you need the JDK for your Studio. It is a good idea to ONLY install the JDK across all of your environments as it comes with the JRE anyway.

For more info look here: https://community.talend.com/t5/Migration-Configuration-and/Requiring-a-JDK-installation-to-build-jo...

Four Stars

I have the following version of JDK installed:Captura4.JPG

and the configuration in Talend is:Captura5.JPG

But the error remains the same.

Thank you very much

Four Stars

No one knows how I can solve this?
Sixteen Stars

Untick the JRE and tick the JDK.

Four Stars

Talend shows the same error.

The current configuration is:Captura6.JPG

If someone wants, I could upload the project here.

Sixteen Stars

1) Restarted your Studio?

2) Is your PATH variable configured with your JDK's bin folder?

3) Do you have more than 1 JDK/JRE configured in your PATH? If so, can you remove any? If not, maybe point to the JDK you want to, following this https://community.talend.com/t5/Migration-Configuration-and/Where-to-define-JAVA-HOME-for-Studio-TAC...

4) Do you have a JAVA_HOME environment variable configured?

If you didn't restart your Studio after making the change I suggested last time, do that first to just check quickly. If that does not fix it, check your environment variables.

Four Stars

Thank you very much
Four Stars

Hi, I have the same problem when I exported my job and I just executed it (.bat).

But I don't have problem when i execute it with talend studio.

Help me plz.

Sans titre.png

Four Stars

Hello, I have the same problem with JDK JRE using twebservice, however the problem does not arise when I run my job with studio talent.
The problem when I run the job using .bat file

Sans titre.png

Hello,

Please make sure that JDK installation path\bin has been added to the PATH system variable as this twebservice component requires an Oracle JDK to be functional.

Hope this article will help

How do I set or change the PATH system variable?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Employee

Another possible cause/solution -- I was starting my Studio with a different vm than the Java one I was pointing to with my PATH and JAVA_HOME.

My 'Talend-Studio-win-x86_64.ini' file had this as its first two lines:

-vm
C:\Talend\6.5.1\jre1.8.0_131\bin\server\jvm.dll

My JAVA_HOME was pointing to a different java version:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_144

I removed those first two lines from my .ini file, restarted Studio, and then the job ran fine (in Studio -- haven't tried in other environments yet).