Problem with Cassandra classes

Highlighted
Seven Stars

Problem with Cassandra classes

Hi,

I am trying to retrieve data from Cassandra. I have a big table. I am doing a select with all the columns and I got this error:

com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.CodecNotFoundException: Codec not found for requested operation: [frozen<asia_svil.authzpointofservicedatacode> <-> java.lang.String]
    at com.datastax.driver.core.CodecRegistry.notFound(CodecRegistry.java:679)
    at com.datastax.driver.core.CodecRegistry.createCodec(CodecRegistry.java:526)
    at com.datastax.driver.core.CodecRegistry.findCodec(CodecRegistry.java:506)
    at com.datastax.driver.core.CodecRegistry.access$200(CodecRegistry.java:140)
    at com.datastax.driver.core.CodecRegistry$TypeCodecCacheLoader.load(CodecRegistry.java:211)
    at com.datastax.driver.core.CodecRegistry$TypeCodecCacheLoader.load(CodecRegistry.java:208)
    at com.datastax.shaded.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LoadingValueReference.loadFuture(LocalCache.java:3524)
    at com.datastax.shaded.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.loadSync(LocalCache.java:2317)
    at com.datastax.shaded.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.lockedGetOrLoad(LocalCache.java:2280)
    at com.datastax.shaded.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.get(LocalCache.java:2195)
    at com.datastax.shaded.google.common.cache.LocalCache.get(LocalCache.java:3934)
    at com.datastax.shaded.google.common.cache.LocalCache.getOrLoad(LocalCache.java:3938)
    at com.datastax.shaded.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LocalLoadingCache.get(LocalCache.java:4821)
    at com.datastax.driver.core.CodecRegistry.lookupCodec(CodecRegistry.java:480)
    at com.datastax.driver.core.CodecRegistry.codecFor(CodecRegistry.java:448)
    at com.datastax.driver.core.CodecRegistry.codecFor(CodecRegistry.java:430)
    at com.datastax.driver.core.AbstractGettableByIndexData.codecFor(AbstractGettableByIndexData.java:69)
    at com.datastax.driver.core.AbstractGettableByIndexData.getString(AbstractGettableByIndexData.java:242)
    at com.datastax.driver.core.AbstractGettableData.getString(AbstractGettableData.java:26)
    at com.datastax.driver.core.AbstractGettableData.getString(AbstractGettableData.java:159)
    at cre.subopenconn_0_1.subOpenConn.tCassandraInput_1Process(subOpenConn.java:7821)
    at cre.subopenconn_0_1.subOpenConn.runJobInTOS(subOpenConn.java:10454)
    at cre.subopenconn_0_1.subOpenConn.main(subOpenConn.java:10303)

I downloaded the latest driver cassandra-driver-core-3.6.0.jar, but I still have error:
com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.CodecNotFoundException: Codec not found for requested operation

I know that the connection to Cassandra is working because I tried to create a little table and retrieve data from it with success.

Does anyone could help me, please?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Seven Stars

Re: Problem with Cassandra classes

I solved by mapping the column frozen as object and db type blob!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Seven Stars
Seven Stars

This is a datatype mapping error. the driver is telling you that there is no such Codec registered that maps the java  java.lang.String to a cql frozen<asia_svil.authzpointofservicedatacode>. Check the datatypes on your table. 

Highlighted
Seven Stars

Thank you! I checked the table datatype. I have two column defined as follow:

- colname frozen<authzpointofservicedatacode>
- colname set<frozen<additionaldata>>

What does it mean? How can I solve it?
Highlighted
Seven Stars

I solved by mapping the column frozen as object and db type blob!

View solution in original post

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

Talend Integration with Databricks

Take a look at this video about Talend Integration with Databricks

Watch Now

How to Modernize Your Cloud Platform for Big Data Analytics With Talend and Micr...

Learn how<SPAN>to modernize your Cloud Platform for Big Data Analytics with Talend and Microsoft Azure</SPAN>

Read