One Star

Problem while using ELT component

Problem while using TELTTERADATAINPUT ->TELTERADATATMAP ->TELTTERADTAOUTPUT ---Talend OPend Studio V4.2.2
I tryt to use COMPONENTS FROM ELT present in Plaette TELTTERADATAINPUT ->TELTERADATATMAP ->TELTTERADTAOUTPUT
database is Teradata 13.0
1.TELTTERADATAINPUT i give a table structure which is database named db_a with table name tb_a i used that table as input and map it using TELTTERADATAMAP to insert data from tb_a to the 2nd database named as db_b with tb_a which have same structure and datatype as of tb_a using TELTTERADTAOUTPUT the error occurred when i run this job as given below but table already exist there as created using TCREATETABLE:
Exception in component tELTTeradataOutput_1
com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.JDBCException: Object 'tb_a' does not exist.
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.ErrorFactory.makeDatabaseSQLException(ErrorFactory.java:317)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.statemachine.ReceiveInitSubState.action(ReceiveInitSubState.java:104)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.statemachine.StatementReceiveState.subStateMachine(StatementReceiveState.java:286)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.statemachine.StatementReceiveState.action(StatementReceiveState.java:177)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.statemachine.StatementController.runBody(StatementController.java:111)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.statemachine.StatementController.run(StatementController.java:102)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.Statement.executeStatement(Statement.java:339)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.Statement.prepareRequest(Statement.java:506)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.PreparedStatement.<init>(PreparedStatement.java:65)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.TDSession.createPreparedStatement(TDSession.java:694)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_3.ifjdbc_4.TeraLocalPreparedStatement.<init>(TeraLocalPreparedStatement.java:88)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_3.ifjdbc_4.TeraLocalConnection.prepareStatement(TeraLocalConnection.java:331)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_3.ifjdbc_4.TeraLocalConnection.prepareStatement(TeraLocalConnection.java:150)
at td_service_elt.l_service_0_1.L_Service.tELTTeradataMap_1Process(L_Service.java:578)
at td_service_elt.l_service_0_1.L_Service.runJobInTOS(L_Service.java:3270)
at td_service_elt.l_service_0_1.L_Service.main(L_Service.java:3125)
-----------
Looking forward for urgent response
4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Problem while using ELT component

Hi
The input table and output table should be in the same database, which is configured on TELTTERADATAMAP component. From error message, we can see object 'tb_a' does not exist in the database.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hello Shong,
Thanks for the reply but here i have two tables with the same definition in different databases. I'm trying to bring data from say TABLE_A from DB_A into TABLE_B present in DB_B. This is my requirement, both the tables have to be in different databases but with same definition. so is it possible this way?
Regards.
Employee

use schema_name.table_name in the "different table name" field and it works
One Star

The output table can be different database. The input tables need to be in the same database though (Workaround is to create a view in one of the input table's DB that point to the other table).