One Star

Problem updating empty string using componenet "tSalesforceOutputBulk"

Hi, i am having trouble when an empty string comes in a .csv file. The thing is that the "tSalesforceOutputBulk" (see attached file) component puts a "#N/a" in the bulk file when a value is empty (see attached file), but doesn't do it for all the columns defined in the .csv.  
Does anybody has an idea why this happens?
4 REPLIES

Re: Problem updating empty string using componenet "tSalesforceOutputBulk"

Hi,
Does this issue repro also on tSalesforceOutput? Have you tried to replace all "" with null to see if it is OK?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hello,
I've experienced the same behavior. If you replace "" by null, this does not happen. Both methods worked at the end ('#N/a' string is not written in Salesforce), but the main difference in the result is:
- using "" the existing value of a field we're updating in Salesforce will not be overwritten (nulled out)
- using null, the existing value of a field we're updating in Salesforce will be overwritten (nulled out)
Nikola
One Star

Hi, thank you for your responses. The thing is that have to process 7 delimited files (more than 150 columns in total). So when u say "replace "" by null", what is the best and fastest way to apply this for all the columns defined in the delimited files? I tried using the"default" propertie with "null" and "#N/A" in: tmap, TSalesforceOutputBulk and TSalesforceBulkExec). But it stills doesnt update a null value in Salesforce.
This is one of the files that i have to process.

"#N/A" value on tsalesforceoutputbulk schema. 
One Star

I set "#N/A" value on tfileinputDelimited schema and it worked. I still don't know why tSalesforceOutputBulk doesn't do that.
Thanks for your help!