Problem to insert data in a PostgreSQL database

One Star

Problem to insert data in a PostgreSQL database

Hello
I have some problem to insert data in a PostgreSQL database.
I created a job in Talend OS which allows to import data from a CSV file into a PostgreSQL database.
I have in my table a varchar (10) attribute "date_start" that contains a date in "dd.MM.yyyy" format.
And in my CSV file I have a String (10) attribute that contains a date in the same format.
And when I run my job, I have always this error:

Exception in component tPostgresqlOutput_1
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: date/time field value out of range: "10.10.2013"
                at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1592)
                at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1327)
                at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:192)
                at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:451)
                at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:350)
                at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeUpdate(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:304)
                at data_encoding.treatments_0_1.Treatments.tFileInputDelimited_1Process(Treatments.java:10494)
                at data_encoding.treatments_0_1.Treatments.runJobInTOS(Treatments.java:25067)
                at data_encoding.treatments_0_1.Treatments.main(Treatments.java:24924)

I got the SQL query of the tPostgresqlOutput component and execute it with pgAdmin in my database.
The insertion is carried without problems.
I don’t know how to solve this problem.
Thank you for your help.

Re: Problem to insert data in a PostgreSQL database

Hi,
Your workflow is tfileinputdelimited-->tPostgresqlOutPut?
Please show us the screenshot of schema setting. Have you also checked your postgresql.conf file? Is the parameter datestyle = 'iso, dym'?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Re: Problem to insert data in a PostgreSQL database

Hi,
The parameter datestyle is 'german, dym'. It's a problem?
For the schema I have :
tfileinputdelimited                         ----->       tPostgresqlOutPut
Date_user    String  Nullable    10              Date_user    VARCHAR  Nullable    10

Thanks

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 2

Part 2 of a series on Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema

Blog