Problem to execute a stored procedure with sybase on Talend Integratio

One Star

Problem to execute a stored procedure with sybase on Talend Integratio

Hi,
We have a problem to execute a stored procedure with sybase on Talend Integration Suite Professionnal Edition 4.2.4.
We want to execute a Sybase stored procedure with a date in entry to update several tables values. We use in our job a tsybase connection, tsybaserow to "set chained off" and trowgenerator to generate the current date (TalendDate.formatDate("MM/dd/yyyy",TalendDate.getCurrentDate()) with the object tSybaseSP to launch the stored procedure (with our current date as IN parameter).
Finally we have a tsybasecommit to save the changes.
The procedure is running (during 10 minutes) but the tables are not updated.
When we launch the stored procedure with RapidSQL, the tables are updated.
The problem comes about Talend. Is there specials parameters to add or something wrong in our job ?

The parameter requiered in entry of our procedure is :
"Parameters in entry:     - @adt_end   (MM/DD/YYYY)  : End Date treatment"

Best regards

Re: Problem to execute a stored procedure with sybase on Talend Integratio

Hi,
Could you please upload your job design screenshot into forum? How did you define basic setting in tSybaseSP?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
A screenshot of my job design.

The name of parameter in entry is "Date" but its format is String.
I create the row with the rowgenerator :

One Star

Four Stars

Hi,
These are common problems when you use date parameters... I think there is an issue with the date format... date is format generated by the talend is not accepted by the database... you can connect a tlogrow next to db output component or connect a reject link and you should get the reason for rejection of records... and this is due to incorrect date format.
Thanks
vaibhav
One Star

Hi,
Like I told in a precedent post, I don't think the problem is a date parameter or format because I have no error message from Talend or Sybase and with a log row the date format is correct? When the date format is different (DD/MM/YYYY for example) I have an error message and the treatment stops.

And as you can see on the screenshot, the treatment time is 10 minutes. When we launch the procedure directly onRapid SQL, the tretment time is the same but the tables are updated.
I think there is a problem with the object because we have no error message and the tables are not updated with the same parameters
Four Stars

Can you remove that onComponentOk and connect with onSubjobOk from tfixedflow? and check again.
vaibhav
One Star

I connected with the onSubjobOK :

but the tables are not updated.
Did I a mistake ?
Thanks
Four Stars

Remove onComponentOk from tsybasesp_1 and connect with onSubjobOk from tfixedflow to tsybaserow_1? and check again.
remove onComponentOk from tsybaserow_2 and connect with onSubjobOk to commit component

Vaibhav
One Star

It doesn't work, the tables are not updated.

Best regards,
Perrin GRANDNE.
One Star

Anyone has already encountered this problem and could help us, we don't find a solution or an alternative which works

Thanks.
Five Stars

Hello,
I got the same issue where the SP updates tables. Solve it.
tSybaseConnection_1 --> tFixedFlowInput --> tSybaseSP -> tSybaseCommit
check Auto Commit on Advanced settings of tSybaseConnection
uncheck "Close Connection" of tSybaseCommit
Hope it helps
Lalaina