Problem join using tmap

Six Stars

Problem join using tmap

Hi,

I try to join 2 tables from SQL Server in order to integrate the result in another table. Unfortunately, the join does not happen properly and the number of rows inserted in the table is only 472. 

I didn't understand the cause of the problem!

Please help me!

Best regards.   

C1.PNGc2.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: Problem join using tmap

Thanks for all your replays. 

I think the problem was because doing the join with a key that contains multiple values (not unique) so I've modified my job in another way and it works.

Best regards

All Replies
Nine Stars

Hi,

What is the issue? You are joining based on Name field from both tables. What is the expected output?

Regards,

Veeru Boppudi
Six Stars

Thanks for your replay.

The issues are : 

-Table 1(tmssqlInput1) contains data since 2018 and Table 2(tmssqlInput2) contains data from 2017.

The expected result is to have the join of the 2 tables (data since 2017 and 2018) by name but I got only the value from the table 1.

-In the screenshot, the number of lines inserted is 182753 while in the table it has only 400 line! 

Nine Stars

Do you have any errors in log?

Regards,

Veeru Boppudi
Six Stars

Hi,

No nothing!

Four Stars

@INESBKwrote:

Thanks for your replay.

The issues are : 

-Table 1(tmssqlInput1) contains data since 2018 and Table 2(tmssqlInput2) contains data from 2017.

The expected result is to have the join of the 2 tables (data since 2017 and 2018) by name but I got only the value from the table 1.

-In the screenshot, the number of lines inserted is 182753 while in the table it has only 400 line! 

Possibility1 : You seem to want an inner join (the default for tMap is left outer)

Solution: If yes, change to inner: https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Doing-an-inner-join-using-a-tMap-component/ta...

Possibility 2:  You seem to want to catch rejects, so you can see count?

If yes, catch rejects (same link), so you can see how many has a.name <>b.name

Possibility 3: If you want data for both 2017+2018, are you using English word "join" to mean rdbms word "UNION"?

If yes, perhaps you've to find a way to "UNION"

Twelve Stars

since your join keys are defined properly means,what operation you define on data ?,might it has updated based on key columns.

Manohar B
Six Stars

Thanks for all your replays. 

I think the problem was because doing the join with a key that contains multiple values (not unique) so I've modified my job in another way and it works.

Best regards