Six Stars

Problem in tMap (datarange & conditions)

Hello dear community,

As a new talend open studio user, I'm struggling on a job, looking for some help.I have a XML file that i get from tHttpRequest; then a main row to textractXMLfield to formatdata.

Problem is, I have a field returning " 2018-02-20T22:00+0200/2018-03-31T23:59+0200 " which is a data range where a discount_price is active.

I need to consider that in my formatting & only show the discount_price if the current date is between this range, so i splitted it (with tExtractDelimitedFields) and get an input for my tMap which looks :

tLogRow (input)                                   tMap (out)                             tLogRow

ID                                                            ID

date_begin                                           discount_price

date_end

discount_price

Date_begin & Date end looks like : "yyyy-MM-dd".

I would like my out of tMap with ID of products and discount_price shown only if current date is between date_begin & date_end, otherwise empty field.

So I tried something like this to begin as a condition on the out :

(TalendDate.compareDate(TalendDate.getCurrentDate(),TalendDate.parseDate("yyyy-MM-dd",row7.date1)) == 1 && TalendDate.compareDate(TalendDate.getCurrentDate(),TalendDate.parseDate("yyyy-MM-dd",row7.date4)) == -1)? row7.Discount_price : " "

But infortunately; after 6 rows, errors : Caused by: java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "". My 7th rows has an empty date,  I have no idea how to check this condition, neither rewrite price only if the data is between range.

If someone could unlock me, would be very (very) appreciable.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Twelve Stars

Re: Problem in tMap (datarange & conditions)

@daez,can you try the below expresion. since some in 7th row you were getting empty values,so thats why it is not able to convert.

row7.date1 != "" && row7.date4 != "" ?((TalendDate.compareDate(TalendDate.getCurrentDate(),TalendDate.parseDate("yyyy-MM-dd",row7.date1)) == 1 && TalendDate.compareDate(TalendDate.getCurrentDate(),TalendDate.parseDate("yyyy-MM-dd",row7.date4)) == -1)? row7.Discount_price : " "):" "

Manohar B
3 REPLIES
Twelve Stars

@daez,can you try the below expresion. since some in 7th row you were getting empty values,so thats why it is not able to convert.

row7.date1 != "" && row7.date4 != "" ?((TalendDate.compareDate(TalendDate.getCurrentDate(),TalendDate.parseDate("yyyy-MM-dd",row7.date1)) == 1 && TalendDate.compareDate(TalendDate.getCurrentDate(),TalendDate.parseDate("yyyy-MM-dd",row7.date4)) == -1)? row7.Discount_price : " "):" "

Manohar B
Seven Stars

You'll need an empty string  / null check when you parse those variables . I typically add a few temp vars to the tMap in the middle column to accomplish this. see my example below2018-05-03_8-47-14.png

Six Stars

@manodwhb Thank you so much. It works. I was working and forgot to instant check forum. I had issue on the first condition, checking if both were null. 

Thanks again, what a relief when you F6 and it works !