Problem in Vertica Components

One Star

Problem in Vertica Components

While try to run run tVerticaRow_1 and using tLogRow_1 getting below error message.
Exception in component tVerticaRow_1
com.vertica.util.PSQLException: Something unusual has occured to cause the driver to fail. Please report this exception.
at com.vertica.Driver.connect(Unknown Source)
PS: 
JAR file is vertica-jdbc-7.0.1-0.jar.
I have successful Vertica connection.

Re: Problem in Vertica Components

Hi,
Could you please indicate the build version you are using? Screenshots of your component setting will be preferred.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Attached the screenshot.
version 6.1.1
One Star

screenshot

Hi,

Can you upload again the screenshots you wanted to show, please? For some reason it didn't make it to your post.
Which version of your Vertica database? Could you please open the module view and see if the required jar has been installed or not?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina
I tried but it is not uploaded. vertica version is 7.1. 
Under Metadata--> Db connection --> my database check is successful.

Hi,
So far, talend 6.1 can support verical 7.0.X
For more information, please refer to:TalendHelpCenterSmiley Frustratedupported systems databases and business applications by Talend components
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Thank you for sharing link.
As mentioned connect i guess connecting to vertica is not a problem. 
I believe when i am trying to pull/ see data from vertica then i get error.
tverticaRow_1 -------------->> tLogRow_1.
for tvertica query section, i have running query which is giving me output when i am running it on sqldeveloper.

Hi,
We suppose that JAR file vertica-jdbc-7.0.1-0.jar. in talend studio may cause some issue when you are trying to  pull/ see data from vertica 7.1
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Uploading the error files.
What would be solution for it , if you find vertica-jdbc-7.0.1-0.jar file is issue.

Hi,
Do you have JAR file vertica-jdbc-7.1 jar for your vertica 7.1? Could you please try to replace the vertica-jdbc-7.0.1-0.jar by vertica-jdbc-7.1 jar to see if it works?
So far, talend can support 7.0.X officially.
 The 7.1 is not list on the supported DB. 

In the documentation we provide a list of databases that are supported, in the sense that we do provide an SLA and technical support for them. This doesn't mean other (non-listed) databases will not work but simply we won't necessarily be equipped to help you with any issue you may face with them.

Best regards
Sabrina

--
One Star

I have replaced the JAR file with vertica-jdbc-7.1 jar and still the same issue.

Hi,
Is there any problem when you are connecting  to verical 7.0.X by using Vertica component?
So far, talend can support 7.0.X officially.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Sorry to say, but the response I am getting from you is same. I understand but it is not fixing the issue.

Hi,

We are not sure that this issue only repro on vertica 7.1.
Is there any problem when you are connecting to verical 7.0.X by using Vertica component?

Here is a work item issue for vertica 7.1 :https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-32732
Best regards
Sabrina
--

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 2

Part 2 of a series on Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema