Problem in Talend Open Studio 4.2.3.r67267

One Star

Problem in Talend Open Studio 4.2.3.r67267

Currently I am using Talend pen Studio 4.1.2.r53616. I downloaded Talend Open Studio 4.2.3.r67267 and imported the same jobs to the new version, but the jobs that are running on the older version, are not running on the new version. I get the following error when it is trying to insert data to an Oracle instance from a tOracleInput.
Exception in component tOracleOutput_1
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -32683
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.setupBindBuffers(OraclePreparedStatement.java:2673)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeBatch(OraclePreparedStatement.java:10689)
at dw_staging.dwdev_student_acad_cred_ls_prod_job_0_1.DWDEV_STUDENT_ACAD_CRED_LS_PROD_JOB.tOracleInput_1Process(DWDEV_STUDENT_ACAD_CRED_LS_PROD_JOB.java:1369)
at dw_staging.dwdev_student_acad_cred_ls_prod_job_0_1.DWDEV_STUDENT_ACAD_CRED_LS_PROD_JOB.tChronometerStart_1Process(DWDEV_STUDENT_ACAD_CRED_LS_PROD_JOB.java:466)
at dw_staging.dwdev_student_acad_cred_ls_prod_job_0_1.DWDEV_STUDENT_ACAD_CRED_LS_PROD_JOB.runJobInTOS(DWDEV_STUDENT_ACAD_CRED_LS_PROD_JOB.java:4001)
at dw_staging.dwdev_student_acad_cred_ls_prod_job_0_1.DWDEV_STUDENT_ACAD_CRED_LS_PROD_JOB.main(DWDEV_STUDENT_ACAD_CRED_LS_PROD_JOB.java:3862)
Also, when I try to email the results I get the permission error:
java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect
at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:1934)
at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.protocolConnect(SMTPTransport.java:638)
at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:295)
at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:176)
at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:125)
at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:194)
at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:124)
The Java version for both is 1.6 and as far as I can see the set up is the same in both. It looks like the second commit fails, since I see the first commit was successful and some data are inserted in the table. I am not sure where to set the number on rows in each commit too.
Do you have any idea why the tOracleOutput fails on the second commit and where i can change the number of rows for each commit?
Community Manager

Re: Problem in Talend Open Studio 4.2.3.r67267

Hi
On the advanced setting tab of tOracleOutput, you can set the 'commit every' value, what are the value you set now? Please see a related topic:
http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5931
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Re: Problem in Talend Open Studio 4.2.3.r67267

Thanks for the reply. I was able to locate the commits and increase it to 50000 and it worked! It still doesn't make sence to me that why this works on older version and not on the new one. I can't simply go to each job and change the commit and batch base to 50000 to get them to work, while older version works just fine. I am pretty sure some kind of bug has been introduced with the new version. I'll look at the generated code to see the differences.