Four Stars

Problem connection to SAPBW using tSapBWInput

Hello,

I'm trying to connect to SAP BW Database through tSapBWInput, but I'm getting the following error when trying to connect. I've checked and installed all required modules (jdbc4olap and required dependencies) without success. Anyone experienced this issue when connecting to SAP BW using XMLA BW connector?

Version Talend Big Data Platform version 6.2.1.20160704_1411.

Database connection is failed. java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:195) at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1041) at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:315) at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:301) at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.properties.controllers.DbTableController.checkConnection(DbTableController.java:769) at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.properties.controllers.DbTableController$6.run(DbTableController.java:558) at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54) Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getDriver(JDBCDriverLoader.java:121) at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:146) ... 6 more
  • Data Integration
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES

Re: Problem connection to SAPBW using tSapBWInput

Hello,

Make sure that your configuration is correct. Could you please post your tSapBWInput setting screenshot on forum?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hello, thanks for your reply.

I've tested the XMLA Url and it's working. See attached screenshot.

1. sapBW.jpg

Hi,

Is there any extra component in your work flow? What does your job design look like?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina,

I've removed all components from job and kept only tSapBWInput to ensure this error come from bw connection. I get this same error when I click Table Name button from component. 

Hello,

Does this issue repro on this specific job or all jobs on your V 6.2.1?

java.lang.NullPointerException

Have you ever executed a job successfully on V 6.2.1?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Four Stars

Hello,

This issue happens only when using tSapInputBW component. Other jobs implemented is working properly. I've tested the same component in Talend Open Studio 6.4.1 and same problem occurs. It seems something related loading JDBC Driver. I've followed instructions to install jdbc4olap driver according to https://help.talend.com/reader/NNO~fmVQU4rlkF9Depfdxw/OxZG_CfGeYyNHK8JmSpXnQ with no success.

Thanks