Presto DB to Redshift

Highlighted
Six Stars

Presto DB to Redshift

Hello,

I'm trying to do a POC. Reading data from Presto DB, do transformations and dump into Redshift. I don't see resources on Presto DB with Talend. 

I'm facing few issues connecting to Presto DB with JDBC parameters

JDBC URL: jdbcSmiley Tongueresto://server:8086/hive;AuthenticationType=LDAP Authentication;SSLTrustStorePath=abc.keystore;SSLTrustStorePwd=changeit;SSL=1

• When I use JDBC connection, its keep on erroring me as either Invalid JDBC URL or SSL is required. 

Can someone please help me with screenshots or something which can guide me through Presto with Talend.

Thanks,

KR

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: Presto DB to Redshift

Thanks, Nikhil. Maybe in future we might move to Athena.

I could able to resolve the issue with Presto Facebook Driver

This format should work if you anyone using LDAP Authentication with keystore and SSL

JDBC URL: jdbc:Presto://server:8086/hive?SSLTrustStorePath=abc.keystore&SSLTrustStorePassword=changeit&SSL=true

All Replies
Employee

Hi,

End of day, AWS Athena is a serverless version of Presto and below are some articles to connect to Amazon Athena. Could you please try them? I have not personally tried it in any Presto environment but it should be a good starting point for your analysis.

https://help.talend.com/reader/36FNvH4mND6uL3cKKzTU~w/~xQ_ZPcAetw8zVHCU31Xdg

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Connecting-Talend-on-Amazon-Athena/td-p/55940

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Six Stars

Thanks, Nikhil. Maybe in future we might move to Athena.

I could able to resolve the issue with Presto Facebook Driver

This format should work if you anyone using LDAP Authentication with keystore and SSL

JDBC URL: jdbc:Presto://server:8086/hive?SSLTrustStorePath=abc.keystore&SSLTrustStorePassword=changeit&SSL=true

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Put Massive Amounts of Data to Work

Learn how to make your data more available, reduce costs and cut your build time

Watch Now

How OTTO Utilizes Big Data to Deliver Personalized Experiences

Read about OTTO's experiences with Big Data and Personalized Experiences

Blog

Talend Integration with Databricks

Take a look at this video about Talend Integration with Databricks

Watch Now