PostGIS to shapefile

Hello,
I am testdriving SDI and performed these simple steps:
- Start SDI
- Create a Job
- Create a sPostgisInput
- Create a sShapefileOutput
Define the sPostgisInput by hand, assigning a repository schema to a valid postgresql connection -> table adressen
leave the shapefileoutput unaltered
I connect the sPostgisInput with the sShapefileOutput with a row -> main
Now I run the job. The output is this:
Starting job PostgisToShape at 15:25 16/09/2009.
16-sep-2009 15:25:53 org.geotools.data.shapefile.dbf.DbaseFileHeader addColumn
WARNING: FieldName gbastraatnr is longer than 10 characters, truncating to gbastraatn
16-sep-2009 15:25:53 org.geotools.data.shapefile.ShapefileDataStore createSchema
WARNING: PRJ file not generated for null CoordinateReferenceSystem
16-sep-2009 15:25:53 org.geotools.data.shapefile.dbf.DbaseFileHeader addColumn
WARNING: FieldName gbastraatnr is longer than 10 characters, truncating to gbastraatn
16-sep-2009 15:25:53 org.geotools.arcsde.ArcSDEDataStoreFactory
WARNING: The ESRI ArcSDE Java API seems to not be on your classpath. Please verify that all needed jars are. ArcSDE data stores will not be available.
16-sep-2009 15:25:53 org.geotools.data.db2.DB2DataStoreFactory isAvailable
INFO: DB2 driver found: false
Source CRS is: PROJCS],
TOWGS84,
AUTHORITY],
PRIMEM],
UNIT,
AXIS,
AXIS,
AUTHORITY],
PROJECTION],
PARAMETER,
PARAMETER,
PARAMETER,
PARAMETER,
PARAMETER,
UNIT,
AXIS,
AXIS,
AUTHORITY]
Exception in component sShapefileOutput_1_SO
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.geotools.data.shapefile.ShapefileFeatureWriter.write(ShapefileFeatureWriter.java:348)
at org.geotools.data.InProcessLockingManager$1.write(InProcessLockingManager.java:331)
at ogg.postgistoshape_0_1.PostgisToShape.sPostgisInput_1_PGProcess(PostgisToShape.java:1806)
at ogg.postgistoshape_0_1.PostgisToShape.runJobInTOS(PostgisToShape.java:1994)
at ogg.postgistoshape_0_1.PostgisToShape.main(PostgisToShape.java:1908)
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.geotools.data.shapefile.ShapefileFeatureWriter.write(ShapefileFeatureWriter.java:348)
at org.geotools.data.InProcessLockingManager$1.write(InProcessLockingManager.java:331)
at ogg.postgistoshape_0_1.PostgisToShape.sPostgisInput_1_PGProcess(PostgisToShape.java:1806)
at ogg.postgistoshape_0_1.PostgisToShape.runJobInTOS(PostgisToShape.java:1994)
at ogg.postgistoshape_0_1.PostgisToShape.main(PostgisToShape.java:1908)
16-sep-2009 15:25:56 org.geotools.data.jdbc.QueryData finalize
SEVERE: There's code leaving readers, writers or iterators unclosed (you got an unclosed QueryData object, which is usually held by a reader or a writer).
Call reader/writer.close() or FeatureCollection.close(iterator) after using them to ensure they do not hold state such as JDCB connections.
QueryData was open against feature type: adressen
Job PostgisToShape ended at 15:25 16/09/2009.
Where do I look?
This is no rocket science. I would gladly be informed on how this can be done easily and what the errors mean.

2 REPLIES
One Star Fxp
One Star

Re: PostGIS to shapefile

Hello, did you check that shapefile output schema is correct ?
If you turn on statistics, does it fail on first row ?
Ciao.
Francois
One Star

Re: PostGIS to shapefile

OK postGIS and Postgresql seem to be working again. I have connected to the server and can see the postgis database. I went through the water data tutorial fine with PostgreSQL working fine until the last part 'Export Shapefiles from PostGIS'. I get the error mentioned in the beginning of this post by Tsnake and I can't install the patch as described earlier.
Anything else I can try?..