Six Stars

Plugin doesn't show up

Hello,

I am pretty new to TOS and have a few problems.

I have written a plugin and copied the JAR the the folder plugins. Now I have the question how can I find this plugin?

Another question is if I can write a component writing java and not javajet (I need to use java references).

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Plugin doesn't show up

Hello,

Usually, there are two ways for you to export the external jar files:
1)Using tLibraryload component to load the jar file at the beginning of job. for example:
tLibraryLoad
   |
tJava(on tJava, use the external API)

2)Creating custom routine, import the external jar file by clicking on the rouinte name and edting the routine libraries, and then call this routine in the job.

Let us know if it is Ok with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
5 REPLIES

Hi,

Are you installing a custom component into your studio?

If so, have you already checked documents about:TalendHelpCenter:How to create a custom component and TalendHelpCenter:Installing a custom component

Feel free to let us know if it is what you are looking for.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Tanks for your reply!

I had a look at your links and think they might help.

I got this links http://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/jaspersoft-etl-plugin-create-talend-plugin from my mentor and packed the project with maven so I get the jar. But I am facing problems with using the jar/component in TOS..

Hello,

Usually, there are two ways for you to export the external jar files:
1)Using tLibraryload component to load the jar file at the beginning of job. for example:
tLibraryLoad
   |
tJava(on tJava, use the external API)

2)Creating custom routine, import the external jar file by clicking on the rouinte name and edting the routine libraries, and then call this routine in the job.

Let us know if it is Ok with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Six Stars

Hey,

just to be sure: If I use tLibraryLoad it will load my jar and make it usable within the job? 

Is there a difference between including my jar with tLibraryLoad or writing a component that does the same?

Hello,

miriull wrote:

Hey,

just to be sure: If I use tLibraryLoad it will load my jar and make it usable within the job? 

Is there a difference between including my jar with tLibraryLoad or writing a component that does the same?

Do you mean the difference between using tLibraryLoad or writing a custom routine?  tLibraryLoad is a component which allows you to load useable Java libraries in a Job. And routines are fairly complex Java functions, generally used to factorize code,obviously.

Best regards

Sabrina

--