Five Stars

Please tell me about feasibility of I/F construction with Talend Open Studio.

Hello.

I am considering feasibility of using Talend for data I/F in my job that constructing data I/F new sysytem to legacy sysytem. I would like to use Talend free and provisionally, and stand alone.

Therefore, what can you tell me about Talend products necessary in order to achieve the following requirements, please.

1. Interface layout transformation. (by DataIntegration ?)
2. Add data to the blank item. (by DataIntegration ?)

3. Register and edit the master required to realize 2. (by DataIntegration ?)

4.Data summary with multiple keys. (by DataIntegration ?)

5.Creating PGP encrypted files. (by DataIntegration ?)

6.Decrypting PGP files.  (by DataIntegration ?)
7. When I / F data generated by Talend is taken into the system and an error occurs, error data is corrected.(by DataQuality?)
8. When correcting the error, leave the correction contents in the log.(by DataQuality?)

7 REPLIES
Twelve Stars TRF
Twelve Stars

Re: Please tell me about feasibility of I/F construction with Talend Open Studio.

Hi,

All the listed steps can be accomplished usind Talend DI including #7 and #8 but maybe can you give more details for each of these steps. For example, can you explained the whole scope? Can you traduct I/F (integration flows)? An so on.

TRF
Five Stars

Re: Please tell me about feasibility of I/F construction with Talend Open Studio.

Hello.

Thank you for your reply!

I tried to describe the point in order to make more details of each step.
And I'd appreciate it if you could tell me about the feasibility (specific components and methodologies) of each step.

【Overview】
 · We are considering introducing Saas.
 · Register I/F data output from Saas in the existing accounting system.
 · I am considering using Talend as a provisional measure until I/F automation function is developed.
 · For this reason, it is assumed that Talend is operated manually on the user's PC.

【Steps to realize】
 1. Interface layout transformation. (by DataIntegration ?)

2. Add data to the blank item. (by DataIntegration ?)
  →I want to add items necessary for the I / F of the accounting system that can not be acquired from Saas.
   It is assumed to hold the master required for Talend.

3. Register and edit the master required to realize 2. (by DataIntegration ?)
  →For the above 2, I want to realize master registration and editing by Talend.
   Can Talend have a master maintenance function?

4.Data summary with multiple keys. (by DataIntegration ?)
  →When registering I/F data in the accounting system, summarize the data with multiple items on the I/F data as keys.

5.Creating PGP encrypted files. (by DataIntegration ?)
    →Encryption with PGP is specified as data to be sent to Saas.

6.Decrypting PGP files.  (by DataIntegration ?)
  →Compounding by PGP is specified as data received from Saas.

7. When I/F data generated by Talend is taken into the system and an error occurs, error data is corrected.(by DataQuality?)
  →If you get an error when I / F data is registered in the accounting system, you can not modify it with Saas, so you need to build a function to correct it to Talend.(correction screen etc.)

8. When correcting the error, leave the correction contents in the log.(by DataQuality?)
  →When data is corrected, it is necessary to output the correction contents(corrected item, timestamp etc.) as a log in preparation for auditing.

Yoshi_h

Twelve Stars TRF
Twelve Stars

Well, cannot reply in detail for each point.
Seems you should have a look at Talend Data Quality + Talend MDM solutions in complemenbt of Talend DI to cover all the mentionned subjects.

TRF
Twelve Stars

Data/process error logging should be implemented into any decent framework. This is something that you should build yourself. However you can use the Data Stewardship Console to handle and process/fix errors

Rilhia Solutions
Five Stars

Thank you very much,TRF.

I will also investigate DQ and MDM .

Five Stars

Thank you for your reply,rhall_2_0.

I understand that data error modification and logging are outside the scope of Talend and will be considered separately. Since Data Stewardship Console is optional, probabry I think that use is not permitted.

Thank you.

Yoshi_h

Twelve Stars

I'm not fully up to date on the licensing of Talend products (it's been a while since I have been involved at all with the sales cycle), but if the Stewardship console is not available it is very easy to build something yourself to suit this requirement.

1) Remove error/unvalidated rows during processing
2) Block remaining rows if ALL are required, alternatively load what you can
3) Create an interface for the error rows to be given to users in (simple Excel, CSV, db access, web interface, etc,etc)
4) Create a Talend job to import the altered data from that interface, then start at step 1 again.

I know it is very simplified, but from a high level it is that simple. The complexity comes in the business rules.

Rilhia Solutions