Four Stars

Please, How can I use Talend to solve this (Use case)

Objective:-

To enhance bill-pay product penetration in bank’s liability base. To increase bill-pay usage in existing bill-pay registered customers.

Background of the Bill Pay Campaign:-

Bill pay product provides sustained non-interest revenues to bank, and enhances customer retention. Bank wants to leverage its existing customer base to sell bill-pay product.

Targets (Possible use cases):-

Existing customers doing bill payment through Clickatell that would have paid through GTBank

Customers carrying transactions via our IB, MB, ATM using either debit/credit card or not

Existing customers already paying for Bills

Existing customers that are not using our channels for payments

Non-customers that have wallets or accounts else where

Variables considered:-

Customer ID

Customer demographics (age, location, occupation, age with the bank, gender etc.)

Customer’s banking behavior (Existing product holdings, banking vintage, banking events).

Payment via which product (Debit or Credit card)

Merchant categories used in normal DR/CR transactions.

Biller Category

6 REPLIES
Fifteen Stars

Re: Please, How can I use Talend to solve this (Use case)

Seriously? You are asking this? This is your job! It is your domain! It is NOT a question that is suitable for a forum like this!

I have no problem helping people out, but I kind of think it takes the mickey to give a use case and ask us to do it for you.

Rilhia Solutions
Four Stars

Hello Rhall,

Thanks for your reply, I'm 2 weeks old on Talend.

I don't know how to go about using Talend to solve this.

Please, would like you to help if you could.

Thanks

Fifteen Stars

Do you work for a consultancy? If so, which one? They may have a training agreement with Talend. You should be given some training before being given this sort of problem. This sort of problem cannot be solved here. It requires much more information and then becomes a mini project. The forum should be used for distinct problems or getting high level advice on how to think about something. Giving us a use case is too big a question. 

Rilhia Solutions
Four Stars

You are right,

And I have thought about this...

Thanks

Fifteen Stars

Before you can tackle this, you will need to understand what Talend can do. If you have two weeks experience with Talend, you will have barely touched the surface of what it can do. Take a look at some tutorials on this forum (and other websites) and try to find something that looks it might be connected to what you want to achieve. Once you understand what you want to do, you can then break the problem down into smaller questions and come back and ask those. 

Nobody will mind helping out with smaller questions. It is just frustrating when companies compete for Talend work (driving down the value), then don't train their staff and expect other experienced developers to pick up the pieces. 

Rilhia Solutions
Four Stars

What you said was right...

What do I need to have in place to have a real-time personalized offer on the site of a bank?

The customer is currently enjoying product A.....
What could be done or the best advice to give to the bank base on the use case?

Please, could you give a very short summary of the use case?

Kudos...