One Star

Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Djava.vendor="New Oracle"

I am a new user to Talend and running version 5.6.1.2014207_1530.  (I run the following exe: Talend-Studio-win-x86_64) I loaded java JRE 1.7.0_67 which is the same as another users setup.  The database we are connecting to is Netezza. I wanted to make sure everything was working so I created a simple create table statement. This will execute correctly on the other machine but when I run it on my machine I get the following message below. The process still appears to run and create the table but this warning message appears each time. I have tried to compare the setup on the 2 pc’s and they look the same.  How can I make this message go away?
Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Djava.vendor="New Oracle"
Thanks!
Dave

6 REPLIES

Re: Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Djava.vendor="New Oracle"

Hi,
Regardless of this warning"Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Djava.vendor="New Oracle", did your job execute successfully? Do you get this kind of error on each job or only this one?
What's your OS? Are you using JDK 1.7.0_67 or only jre 1.7.0_67? Oracle JDK or Open JDK? More information will be helpful us to address this issue.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Sabrina,
My job did successfully run and I do not get any actual errors. I am runnng JDK 1.7.0_67 with Windows 7 64-bit. No matter what I run, I get this message in the return code section.
Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave,
We cannot reproduce your error on Windows 7 64-bit. Do you get this kind of error on each job or only this one(Netezza)? Does this issue also repro on your other studio?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Sabrina,
This issue only happens on my PC. Other users are not getting the same message. This is the only error that I get.
Thanks,
Dave
Four Stars

Hello,
I am also receiving same error message after successful execution of a program.
Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Djava.vendor="Sun Microsystems Inc."
I am using Talend open studio for Big Data  6.1.1.20151214_1323
When I see java -version, I get following message
Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Djava.vendor="Sun Microsystems Inc."
java version "1.7.0_51"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_51-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.51-b03, mixed mode)
How can I disable this?
Thanks
Vaibhav
One Star

I googled it and it seems to be related to java environment variables. Try searching for java_tool_options, you may find the answer to your issue.