PermGen Error on Karaf container

One Star

PermGen Error on Karaf container

Hi everybody,
I am facing an issue while starting the karaf container as a service.
Everything works well when I start it using the start command.
When I start it via the generated service, I get (really quickly) a perm gen error :
15:46:44,589 | ERROR | heckpoint Worker | r.server.NIOServerCnxn$Factory$1   81 | 213 - org.apache.hadoop.zookeeper - 3.3.6 | Thread Thread died
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
15:46:58,060 | ERROR | roker] Scheduler | r.server.NIOServerCnxn$Factory$1   81 | 213 - org.apache.hadoop.zookeeper - 3.3.6 | Thread Thread Scheduler,5,main] died
15:47:20,483 | WARN  | ng.agent1.cache] | .DefaultMessageListenerContainer  844 | 145 - org.springframework.jms - 3.2.4.RELEASE | Setup of JMS message listener invoker failed for destination 'event.logging.agent1.cache' - trying to recover. Cause: PermGen space
15:47:22,511 | ERROR | Connection(idle) | r.server.NIOServerCnxn$Factory$1   81 | 213 - org.apache.hadoop.zookeeper - 3.3.6 | Thread Thread died
15:47:26,976 | ERROR | Connection(idle) | r.server.NIOServerCnxn$Factory$1   81 | 213 - org.apache.hadoop.zookeeper - 3.3.6 | Thread Thread died
15:47:27,645 | WARN  | ng.agent1.cache] | ache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection  698 | 293 - org.apache.activemq.activemq-core - 5.7.0 | Error shutting down thread pool: java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor@612167be. This exception will be ignored.
Do you have any idea ?
Thanks in advance !
Romain.

Re: PermGen Error on Karaf container

Hi,
Can you share the Java version you're using? Have you tried to modify the JAVA_MAX_PERM_MEM value?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Thank you for your answer.
In fact, I had to add some specific properties into the wrapper configuration (memory, GC, etc.).
Romain.

Hi,
Could you give us more information about your configuration? In addition, what's the ESB build version you are using? JDK?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi,
We had the same issue, what we have resolved with adding java settings in etc/*-wrapper.conf file
wrapper.java.additional.9=-XX:PermSize=384m

java -version
java version "1.7.0_75"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_75-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.75-b04, mixed mode)

Regard,
One Star

Hi,
Sorry, I did not see your question Sabrina ..
It was on ESB 5.5.1 and a 1.7 JDK (probably the last one).
We added the following parameters :

wrapper.java.additional.9=-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
wrapper.java.additional.10=-XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled
wrapper.java.additional.11=-Xms256M
wrapper.java.additional.12=-Xmx1024M
wrapper.java.additional.13=-XXSmiley TongueermSize=128M
wrapper.java.additional.14=-XX:MaxPermSize=640M
Romain.